Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boak & Bailey's Pub Quiz

Surprisingly 7/10,largely through guess work. I enjoy B and B, though not the lay out of the blog.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    5/12 for me, but was only confident on two, the Bass No 1 and bizarrely the Mackeson question.
    I managed to get 5 which surprised me as i know sod all about beer,i was also confident about the Bass and Mackeson questions,when my wife had our first baby back in 1989 they told her after the birth to drink Mackeson,so i went out and got loads of small cans of Mackeson.

How times have changed,doctors asking new mothers to drink alcholol,i can even remember when in hospital in the 90s they had smoking rooms where people smoked and drunk beer,we hid the cans under the chairs but the staff knew what was going on.

If this type of behaviour happend today we would end up on the front page of the Mail and be classed has criminals.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

When I was nursing in the 60's we used to have bottles of Mackeson to give to the older men after visiting time to cheer them up!
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    When I was nursing in the 60's we used to have bottles of Mackeson to give to the older men after visiting time to cheer them up!
    I was "prescribed! " Mackeson around then, on account of being considered puny. Did me the world of good!Next stop, Fremlins.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    when my wife had our first baby back in 1989 they told her after the birth to drink Mackeson,so i went out and got loads of small cans of Mackeson.

How times have changed,doctors asking new mothers to drink alcholol,i can even remember when in hospital in the 90s they had smoking rooms where people smoked and drunk beer,we hid the cans under the chairs but the staff knew what was going on.
    Mackeson is hardly alcohol, it's only about 3% ABV and is so sweet and rich that drinking more than a few cans would be hard going. I wonder who makes it now as it used to be Twitbred. I've looked at Wikipedia and can answer that, it's brewed by Hydes!!

This Space For Hire

3/10 for me. Agree about their blog being boring since they left London for Cornwall. Glad to see they got of the fence recently and did a post saying they don't like Arbor beers .One of if not my fav brewers of the year.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

6/12 ,a bit of fun.Never read their blog ,too busy correcting map points
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

5/12 for me. I knew only 3 and only guessed 2 out of the other 9.