Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2014

This year I would like to visit 240 new pubs to get my count up to the 3K mark, but I’m working flat out until the end of April when my degree finishes so any pubs visited up to then will be purely by chance.
    Hopefully I will have secured or will be able to find some employment after my exams. Obviously I am only looking at companies in pub rich areas with excellent public transport links!

I’ll be missing the trip to Worcester, but I will endeavour to attend the autumn crawl; if there is one.

WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire

New pub should be new pub regardless of changing a light bulb etc. Not sure how many I'll do this year as my mate is getting pissed off with my OCD, I'll continue solo if needs be but only expect about 250. I'll be doing local revisits in this time too as taking pictures of new pubs isn't easy in the dark. Country pubs further afield I can live without unless they are nice pubs which I may revisit if the weather is good.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Not really sure how many i did last year. My aim this year is to complete Brum - fully updating it - confirming closed and recently demolished pubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    I managed 208 last year, which is slightly better than my annual target of 200. I did spend about 11 weeks out of the country, which slowed things down a bit.

Managed 7 so far this year - not outstanding, but a steady start. My target is make some inroads into unphotographed and unreviewed London pubs.
    Some very worthy targets there gents.Like Strongers I only keep count by my review total and the 122 I need to reach 1,000 should be possible in 2014,probably in the final quarter.

Two new ones in MK so far this year and having to be quite creative to find a decent beer in an unreviewed pub close to the Grand Union.My OCD does not extend as far as having a rank beer just to tick off a pub,otherwise I might have made visiting every canalside pub on the system a long term target.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    My OCD does not extend as far as having a rank beer just to tick off a pub,otherwise I might have made visiting every canalside pub on the system a long term target.
    Mine would if I had a narrow boat, would be an amazing quest to undertake.

Total so far 12 new pubs and 14 revisits which isn't too bad considering I didn't start till 3rd Jan. Quiet couple of weeks coming up as co pilot is skiing but i'll do donkey work in reccies of ones added to the list for this year.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Mine would if I had a narrow boat, would be an amazing quest to undertake.

I do have a list of all the pubs that are situated right next to a lock ,swingbridge or liftbridge where it is possible to purchase a cheeky beer while working the boat through without delaying onward progress.I have a leather tankard for this express purpose The boat waits for no man

My list isn't exhaustive but I believe there are 62 such establishments throughout the navigable system,over the last 30 years I have been in 47 of them and managed to review 32,these reviews having occurred since 2009 when I started on BITE before progressing to PuG.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Back from a long weekend in Exeter, so a few pubs there including Exmouth and the fabled Bridge Inn, Topsham.

Abergavenny for a lad's weekend in a fortnight ('doing the town'), looks like 2014 is getting off to a flyer.

300 new pubs by Dec 31st?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Abergavenny for a lad's weekend in a fortnight ('doing the town'), looks like 2014 is getting off to a flyer.
    I had a quick look around while waiting for a train there last autumn and was lucky enough to find the Hen & Chickens - maybe there are better pubs there, but this one seemed pretty good to me. Enjoy!
    Come On You Hatters!

Had an unexpected work trip to Scotland this week, sadly to Kilmarnock but bagged 11 new pubs. I say sadly because there are 4 pubs with cask beer, two are dreadful and the two in the GBG wouldn't be if they were in a better place for cask beer, the other 20 odd pubs ranged from the dire or so tragic looking I wouldn't go in to the not bad if only the beer was worth drinking. I never thought I would ever start a review "Is Stella meant to smell and taste of garlic?"

Never mind a long weekend in Em-brugh beckons starting on Friday, so the Land O' Cakes can redeem itself then starting with a swifty in the Halfway, then on to a few new pubs.

Well I eventually got off the mark over the weekend with 1 new bar in Rochdale and a couple further afield.

So I'm now at the dizzy heights of 3.

We're in York later this week and there's a couple of newly opened places to try there now, so at least I'm on the move.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I am going for 150 as a minmum this year !!!

Kicked off with 3 in Perry Barr on Saturday. Bring it on ....

Good luck everyone
    Managed 5 new pubs in Kingswinford on Saturday so now up to 8.

I am a salmon !!