Ads not shown when logged in
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2014

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I stopped putting my scores on when I thought everyone was over a hundred. On 48 now and there are loads in Hartlepool to visit that have no reviews. Not expecting much to drink, but you never know.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

This Space For Hire

I reviewed the Express Tavern Brentford on 24th july this year.Its now been done up ,different beer range and now a name change as well. Is this a different pub and should I review it again and count it as a new pub or is that a desperate ploy.On 169 possibly 170. What do you think.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I reviewed the Express Tavern Brentford on 24th july this year.Its now been done up ,different beer range and now a name change as well. Is this a different pub and should I review it again and count it as a new pub or is that a desperate ploy.On 169 possibly 170. What do you think.
    A desperate ploy, but seriously you should re-review it as it is in effect a new pub, just in the same building. I had the same thing with the Greyfriar in Reading. I went in it when it was the Malthouse years ago, It is now a totally different pub but I didnt count it as a new pub. Maybe I should, 101
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Whether you count it for your own personal tally is entirely up to you. This is not a competition!

As a contributor to Pubs Galore you should definitely review it again, though.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    This is not a competition!
    I think you'll find it is! ;-)
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Well I had an interesting day in Hartlepool yesterday. Looked up 14 pubs mentioned on here needing reviews. We didn't find real ale in any of them, some no longer existed, but we did manage to get a beer in some of the bars we knew as we went round. Will get the them written up today. Means my total hasn't changed as I never had a drink in any of the new ones I went in, and I only count them if I drink in them. Still 48. Darlington beckons for tomorrow.

We are staying in the caravan at Barnard Castle till Wednesday when we move down to Arnold for the Nottingham beer festival, and have picked up a Darlington Drinker magazine. It says "The Cricketers Arms in Barnard Castle now stocks guest beers from the Marstons Range making it 11 real ale outlets in a town dubbed "The worst real ale town in Britain". in a readers article in CAMRA's What's Brewing back in August 2009."

Now there's a challenge. We certainly don't know of 11 outlets here, so will have a wander round on Tuesday and update.

Checked on here - 13 listed and only a couple with reviews. How many real ales will I find? More than Hartlepool I hope!!
    Last edited by gillhalfpint; 05-10-2014 at 09:30.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I had a good day out with my brother today which netted me another 17 new pubs in the Cheadle and Tean areas,

this brings my new pubs done for the year up to 307.

Out next Saturday down London which i will hopefully get another 22 new pubs done.

Not up to Quinno's or bcfczuluarmys amounts but will hopefully get there in time.
    I had a good crawl round Hackney yesterday which netted me another 21 new pubs,this brings my new pubs done for the year up to 328.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    We are staying in the caravan at Barnard Castle till Wednesday when we move down to Arnold for the Nottingham beer festival, and have picked up a Darlington Drinker magazine. It says "The Cricketers Arms in Barnard Castle now stocks guest beers from the Marstons Range making it 11 real ale outlets in a town dubbed "The worst real ale town in Britain". in a readers article in CAMRA's What's Brewing back in August 2009."

Now there's a challenge. We certainly don't know of 11 outlets here, so will have a wander round on Tuesday and update.

Checked on here - 13 listed and only a couple with reviews. How many real ales will I find? More than Hartlepool I hope!!
    The only pub we've been to in Barney is the Coach and Horses, which for some reason I didn't review on this site. My rather minimalist paragraph on Pubs and Beer is as follows:
    Late eighteenth century stone built pub in the Galgate area of this attractive market town.We sat in the bow window.
    The beer was Jennings Cumberland Ale which I recorded as good condition but unexciting.(in 2010).
    Have a good saunter around Barney-we'll probably be there next week. Don't know which pub though...Could well be the Strathmore Arms at Holwick.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I've been up to the eyeballs with the start of the new academic year but I do have a few knocking around from September I haven't reviewed yet. All of Warminster and the latest battle of the 100 Years War reviewing every pub in Berkshire plus a small handful of London outlets. Should have broken 400 officially by the end of the week...

With a bit of luck Kidderminster is on the radar soon and I'm going to see if I can do 500 by Dec 31st, for a laugh. Which may cost me a few quid in fares to London but they're the easiest pickings between now and December.

Never again, though.