Ads not shown when logged in
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2014

I'll stay on me own

Ive got loads of first time reviews of pubs done in Wellingborough to do,hopefully get past the 50% mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Well last weeks visit to Rugby & Northampton netted me an amazing 30 new pubs over the 2 days & nights.

Now on 111.
    How's the liver. ?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Had a crawl round the bars on here for central Truro choosing bars with no reviews. I do have photos, but they are not loading onto laptop at the moment. Will keep trying. Managed a drink in 6 of them. Some closed years, or where Macnamaras was concerned a complete change of use. Interesting day, but had my fill of St Austell's Tribute!!! Should bring my total 2014 to 24. May have a similar go with Falmouth and Bodmin. Redruth hasn't got many.

Not sure if anyone else comes down here as I find when I go to do a review, the last review where there is one, is usually the last time I visited the pub!! Unless there is a change, it is a waste of time really updating them.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    How's the liver. ?
    Like George Bests.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Had a crawl round the bars on here for central Truro choosing bars with no reviews. I do have photos, but they are not loading onto laptop at the moment. Will keep trying. Managed a drink in 6 of them. Some closed years, or where Macnamaras was concerned a complete change of use. Interesting day, but had my fill of St Austell's Tribute!!! Should bring my total 2014 to 24. May have a similar go with Falmouth and Bodmin. Redruth hasn't got many.

Not sure if anyone else comes down here as I find when I go to do a review, the last review where there is one, is usually the last time I visited the pub!! Unless there is a change, it is a waste of time really updating them.
    If the review still stands correct it is worth renewing the date by reposting the review.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Like George Bests.
    Removed and incinerated?
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

After our day at Truro, I have made a list of Falmouth town pubs, and have a list of 18 without reviews, one of which has no photo, so that will be our next town crawl. Really hope there is better beer variety! The local CAMRA have published a Real Ale Pub Guide for Falmouth which has 6 of those 18 listed, so I should get real ales in them at least. Expected some Skinners in Truro seeing as the brewery is there, but it was all St Austell bar one. We know we can pop into Beerwolf in Falmouth if we want some variety though.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Well done Al 11000
    Thanks for that BF,it took me from 20th of March 2010 to 21st of June 2014 to get from 10,000 to 11,000 pubs done

Not sure if Al 11000 seems right,but i will think on it,

I start a new full time job in less that two weeks time,so should have lots more money to do more travelling to get to pubs.

This Space For Hire

215 now with a potential for 6 more before I board a boat for 3 1/2 weeks in Europe. Shame we haven't got Pubs Galore Europe as my totals will rise dramatically.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I had a great day out in Wellingborough yesterday which netted me another 21 new pubs,this brings my new pubs done for the year up to 180.

I also did my 11,000th pub yesterday so well pleased ,a new town visited and another milestone done on my pub crawling career
    I did another 7 new pubs in Mansfield yesterday,not easy i have already done well over 50 pubs in the town,so lots of walking.

This brings my new pubs done for the year up to 187.