Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2014

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Have a check before you go, the roads have been flooded there, river runs by, so access may be tractors only. Road to Cheriton was closed when we went by last Sunday

The A32 was shut for a few weeks this month, Fox Inn pub at Bramdean flooded & has since closed
    Thanks for the tip off Farway, looks like it'll be wise to check ahead.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Now on 21 ,would have been a few more but had to cut short my stay in Winchester Friday due to the onset of lurgyitis.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    18 new pubs done yesterday in Limehouse,Mile End and Bow brings my new pubs done for the year up to 38
    22 new pubs done yesterday in Rotherham,brings my new pubs done for the year up to 60.

It was a great crawl apart from the last pub which should have been my 23rd for the day,Will knows all about this pub,the Kingfisher,i dont think i have ever walked out of a pub while on a crawl,but i did from this one,a review will follow with more than likley the lowest rating i have ever done.

It was a great crawl apart from the last pub which should have been my 23rd for the day,Will knows all about this pub,the Kingfisher,i dont think i have ever walked out of a pub while on a crawl,but i did from this one,a review will follow with more than likley the lowest rating i have ever done.
    Sorry to hear it hasn't improved since my visit. Glad you had a successful crawl apart from that - 22 new pubs in one day is some achievement.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Sorry to hear it hasn't improved since my visit. Glad you had a successful crawl apart from that - 22 new pubs in one day is some achievement.
    It was a really good crawl,i bussed it up to Greasbrough then walked the rest,i found two pubs not on Pubs Galore and a third that was in the process of being converted into other use,most pubs were very busy and the people friendly,excepting the Kingfisher which was empty and unfriendly.

It seemed like you had a good day in Worcester,my wife was down there this weekend at my sons house in north Worcester,i dont think they would have liked me rolling up at their house a bit worse for wear on drink.

i dont think they would have liked me rolling up at their house a bit worse for wear on drink.
    Surely they must be used to you by now?
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Surely they must be used to you by now?
    My wife is well used to my ways ,she would'nt expect anything else from me my son was used to my ways but his wife is not a big drinker and frowns upon my drinking,so i would'nt like them to see me like that round their house

This Space For Hire

85 new pubs and 65 revisits
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 29-03-2014 at 05:55.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Thanks for the tip off Farway, looks like it'll be wise to check ahead.
    Got there ok from the A3, lovely pub, the experience partially spoiled by a large group of noisy tossers in the bar who seemed to think they owned the place, birthday bash or something perhaps, you were right though about the roads, we tried to get up to the A31 and found several road closures still in place, thankfully the satnav got us around down some seriously narrow lanes, overall though glad I went and we brought some Goodens Gold home.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

I'll stay on me own

22 new pubs done yesterday in Rotherham,brings my new pubs done for the year up to 60.
    Had a great cheap day out in Chesterfield yesterday,i did'nt think i would get that many new pubs done having already done just over 60 pubs in the town

But i managed to do 18 new pubs, all proper pubs,bringing my new pubs for the year up to 78