Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help with travel planning in London

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Pubsignman,

Another quick question is the Oyster card valid on Souteastern trains from Stratford to St Pancrass.

Thanks Alan
    I don't think you can use it on that route. Generally you can use a Pay As You Go Oyster card on any train journey within zones 1-9, but there are a few exceptions to this and the high speed Southeastern service between Stratford International and St Pancras International is one such exception.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    I don't think you can use it on that route. Generally you can use a Pay As You Go Oyster card on any train journey within zones 1-9, but there are a few exceptions to this and the high speed Southeastern service between Stratford International and St Pancras International is one such exception.
    Thanks for all of this information Pubsignman.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Another quick question is the Oyster card valid on Souteastern trains from Stratford to St Pancrass.

Thanks Alan
    I'm pretty certain you can't.
    If you're down early and looking to go to the Stratford Spoons it's a fair distance from the International Station. The quickest way to Statford from King's X may be getting the Northbound Victoria Line to Highbury and Islington (the next stop) and the Overground from there round to Sratford, but you do need to check the TFL site for planned engineering.

Dont forget you can also use any bank card with touch and pay /contactless payment it charges the same as on oyster even capping at the same rate for zones used this can be used on all services within London Bus National rail and Tube. P/s I get free travel all over Staff.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    Dont forget you can also use any bank card with touch and pay /contactless payment it charges the same as on oyster even capping at the same rate for zones used this can be used on all services within London Bus National rail and Tube. P/s I get free travel all over Staff.
    Good point, but I don't have a clue whether I have a touch and pay bank card!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Good point, but I don't have a clue whether I have a touch and pay bank card!
    If your bank card has a contactless payment symbol on it, then you can use it in the same way an Oystercard - This link shows what the symbol looks like: http://www.smile.co.uk/assets/images...debit-card.png

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    If your bank card has a contactless payment symbol on it, then you can use it in the same way an Oystercard - This link shows what the symbol looks like: http://www.smile.co.uk/assets/images...debit-card.png
    Thanks for that.
    I have no idea what the contactless symbol looks like! I don't need oyster as I have a coffin-dodger's pass which saves me a fortune. I've seen the contactless thing advertised in my local Spoons but I really don't like the idea of paying for pints with a card. I bet the likes of Brewdog and other rip-off places use it a lot as nobody could afford to drink there uusing cash.

Ime back again on this thread,

I am going to London next Saturday and have two pub crawls planned so if there are line closures i can do the other one.

My question for Londoners is the Oyster card valid if going to Bromley South by train from Victoria.

Thanks Alan
    https://www.tfl.gov.uk/forms/12392.aspx
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Teetotal

How is the COVID situation in London guys? I'm planning to travel next month with my children because of some personal issues. Are travel companies and agencies have any restrictions on the number of people? I will travel from Michigan.
    Last edited by juliadavid; 07-01-2021 at 06:31.

Quote Originally Posted by juliadavid View Post
    How is the COVID situation in London guys? I'm planning to travel next month with my children because of some personal issues. Are travel companies and agencies have any restrictions on the number of people? I will travel from Michigan.
    Unfortunately, you may not even get into the country at the moment; and if you do, all hotels are essentially closed, you can't meet anybody indoors, and only one person outdoors.

However, the situation constantly changes, so keep looking at the UK government website here: Coronavirus (COVID‑19).