Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: London meet up

This all sounds like great fun, and in a general area that I enjoy visiting. But unfortunately I'm out of the country on that day (or more precisely I arrive back at Heathrow at around midday on the day) otherwise I would definitely have joined in. Maybe another time.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    precisely I arrive back at Heathrow at around midday on the day.
    So, shouldn't be a problem Rex..?

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Hi Auqalung, I know about the Peoples park tavern but it is out of the way and cant see any other good pubs nearby.I have tried the Laines Brighton beers and the Acton beers and not yet impressed.Be interested to see what you think of them. cheers john
    Fair enough, I agree it is well out the way (I'm struggling to find a route myself). There are so many possibilities it all gets a bit mind-boggling. At least you're doing it on a Saturday so the Antic and imitating pubs will be open at 12:00.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    So, shouldn't be a problem Rex..?
    Yes, I did consider it. But then I undertook a risk assessment, focussing on the likely fallout from Mrs R and quickly concluded that it wasn't really a runner!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

If you gentlemen on the crawl are starting early doors in the Hamilton Hall,I could forego my usual prematch pints in The George,Croydon and join you for the initial part of the crawl,given that I travel down there via Liverpool Street anyway.I need to be at Selhurst Park by 3pm,so will slope off to Shoreditch High Street Overground station around 2pm.

As Rex said,it does sound an interesting route.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    If you gentlemen on the crawl are starting early doors in the Hamilton Hall,I could forego my usual prematch pints in The George,Croydon and join you for the initial part of the crawl,given that I travel down there via Liverpool Street anyway.I need to be at Selhurst Park by 3pm,so will slope off to Shoreditch High Street Overground station around 2pm.

As Rex said,it does sound an interesting route.
    That's good news BF. Not sure what time we plan to get started but I plan to be around 10.30-11.00ish. A shame Rex cant make it ,but understandable.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 13-01-2014 at 16:16.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    That's good news BF. Not sure what time we plan to get started but I plan to be around 10.30-11.00ish. A shame Rex cant make it ,but understandable.
    Easy for me to get to Liverpool Street whenever,only 40 minutes away.Early start fine with me
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Okay 3 definites so the East end it is. The problem with the east is that its a vast area so where are we going to visit .Will we meet up at Liverpool St station as there are loads of buses that cover the east of London.What do you think Moby and Quinno?
    Happy with that.

Do we have a settled date now?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Happy with that.

Do we have a settled date now?
    I think we are settled on the 8th, so at the moment we have London Calling, Quinno, Bucking Fastard ( until 2.00 ish) and myself as definite's,at the moment I have one possibly two (beer minded) mates interested in joining us for at least until late afternoon if that's Ok.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I think we are settled on the 8th, so at the moment we have London Calling, Quinno, Bucking Fastard ( until 2.00 ish) and myself as definite's,at the moment I have one possibly two (beer minded) mates interested in joining us for at least until late afternoon if that's Ok.
    iTS Saturday 8TH FEB meet at Liverpool St Mc Spoons 11.00. There is no point getting an earlier start as a lot of pubs don't open till 12..00 on a Saturday.Not the busiest day in central .
    London.
    what about ETA are you going to join us
    what about Aqualung .( your area so to speak )meet us for a few drinks you don't have to stay all day.
    cheers john