Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Worst Pub of the Year

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Sorry, LC. Somehow overlooked this until today. Have to say it comes as no surprise. You can't sell beer that bad and hope to stay in business. I wonder if anyone else will have a crack at it? Have you heard anything on the local grapevine?
    It would be a brave person who takes this pub on.Make a nice Tesco local.Its a nice pub but a pub this size has to be food led to make it work.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    It would be a brave person who takes this pub on.Make a nice Tesco local.Its a nice pub but a pub this size has to be food led to make it work.
    Not sure whether it needs to be food led, but it would certainly need to sell food of some description. Part of me still thinks if they just had 4-6 hand pumps serving really good ale and established a reputation for quality, they could make a go of it. Can't see it being a Tesco local, as there's already one on nearby Askew Rd, along with a small Sainsbury's and a Co-op. I think its last incarnation was as a restaurant, so maybe it'll go down that route again. Who knows?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Not sure whether it needs to be food led, but it would certainly need to sell food of some description. Part of me still thinks if they just had 4-6 hand pumps serving really good ale and established a reputation for quality, they could make a go of it. Can't see it being a Tesco local, as there's already one on nearby Askew Rd, along with a small Sainsbury's and a Co-op. I think its last incarnation was as a restaurant, so maybe it'll go down that route again. Who knows?
    The Tesco part was a joke. This pub has changed hands so many times that I cant see anyone taking it on.Pubs in West London close and are turned into flats etc without anyone protesting so it wouldn't surprise me if they changed the use.cheers john