Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Pub of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    No real minger's last year but two that stand out as being unimpressive were,
    The Three Guineas and
    The Baron Cadogan.
    Neither particularly interesting in any way apart maybe the Three Guineas exterior,unfortunately once inside it didn't live up to expectations.
    I'd agree with you that the Three Guineas isn't the most atmospheric of pubs, but it seems you got unlucky on the beer front. I was there last month and they had nine ales on from seven different breweries (unfortunately they then spoiled things again by serving my beer in a plastic pint glass )

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    The weirdest pub of the year was certainly The Rainbow in Digbeth, probably the weirdest review I've ever written as well.

My visit to the Rainbow was disappointing as it was on route to watch Birmingham play in the Europa league a couple of years ago. In my years of watching football I've never seen the pubs near the ground so full that my review would've been, I needed to turn up a week in advance to get served.

However yours would've amused me while waiting about 30 minutes to get served after departing the previous pub that took an age to get served.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 04-01-2014 at 01:51.

Harvester in The Printworks Manchester by a street length.

The worst bar in a area full of crap bars.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    I'd agree with you that the Three Guineas isn't the most atmospheric of pubs, but it seems you got unlucky on the beer front. I was there last month and they had nine ales on from seven different breweries (unfortunately they then spoiled things again by serving my beer in a plastic pint glass )
    You maybe right, I remember eight hand pumps ,might have been nine but only two breweries represented and some of the beers doubled up and none very interesting, for me a disappointing visit.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

You maybe right, I remember eight hand pumps ,might have been nine but only two breweries represented and some of the beers doubled up and none very interesting, for me a disappointing visit.
    They always seem to have an Upham beer on . Thought that would suit you Moby.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    They always seem to have an Upham beer on . Thought that would suit you Moby.
    I think not.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Didn't have to think to hard about this, as I'm nominating the same pub as last year. The The Duchess of Cambridge continues to be absolutely woeful, in my eyes. The standard of beer from casks on stillage defies belief. Every time I stay with family nearby, I pop in hoping things have changed and every time I quickly leave saying never again. Thank God for The Tabard, up the road.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

No real minger's last year but two that stand out as being unimpressive were,
    The Three Guineas and
    The Baron Cadogan.
    Neither particularly interesting in any way apart maybe the Three Guineas exterior,unfortunately once inside it didn't live up to expectations.
    Well, to be fair to the Baron it's a bog-standard JDW and I never promised anything beyond it being a GBG regular

And at least having to go there meant you got to see the flypast I organised

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Well, to be fair to the Baron it's a bog-standard JDW and I never promised anything beyond it being a GBG regular

And at least having to go there meant you got to see the flypast I organised
    Which is why myself,Soupy and Sheffield Hatter gave it a body swerve on the day and we got a perfect view of the flypast on-route to the Prince of Wales, very good it was too, (the flypast that is) , unfortunately in my misguided wisdom I decided to have a pint there with a mate a couple of months later (after the PUG tour) whilst waiting for the rather more excellent Fox and Hounds to open .
    -W.C.Fields

Which is why myself,Soupy and Sheffield Hatter gave it a body swerve on the day and we got a perfect view of the flypast on-route to the Prince of Wales, very good it was too, (the flypast that is)
    I think Quinno would say it was planned to be better appreciated from outside the Baron Cadogan.
    Come On You Hatters!