Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Kentish Town/Gospel Oak Crawl

Default Kentish Town/Gospel Oak Crawl

I'm planning to do a few pubs in the Kentish Town / Gospel Oak area this Saturday with a couple of mates, on the agenda is The Southampton Arms, Pineapple and Bull and Last all of which I've been to before, Tapping the Admiral which from reviews I am sure will be good, but has anybody been to these two recently and any up to date info of beer range etc. The Grafton and The Sir Richard Steele,according to Hondos last review the latter now has four ales on but are they usual suspects or something of more interest, the pub itself looks interesting.
    Cheers Mick.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Sounds like a good day out.
    The Grafton posted a picture of their hand pumps on Twitter last week, which showed Taylor Landlord, Portobello Star, Twickenham Naked Ladies, Otter Ale, Rebellion Smugglers and Hog's Back TEA all on.
    I'd recommend taking a chance on the Sir Richard Steele - even if there's nothing interesting on the bar, it's worth a swift half to check out the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I'm planning to do a few pubs in the Kentish Town / Gospel Oak area this Saturday with a couple of mates, on the agenda is The Southampton Arms, Pineapple and Bull and Last all of which I've been to before, Tapping the Admiral which from reviews I am sure will be good, but has anybody been to these two recently and any up to date info of beer range etc. The Grafton and The Sir Richard Steele,according to Hondos last review the latter now has four ales on but are they usual suspects or something of more interest, the pub itself looks interesting.
    Cheers Mick.
    I went to the Tapping the Admiral in October and my impression was that they tended to serve London area micros with Hophead and an Adnam's beer as "permanent" guests.
    The Spoons at Camden Lock vastly exceeded my expectations on the day, but I think you would rather I hadn't pointed that out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Sounds like a good day out.
    The Grafton posted a picture of their hand pumps on Twitter last week, which showed Taylor Landlord, Portobello Star, Twickenham Naked Ladies, Otter Ale, Rebellion Smugglers and Hog's Back TEA all on.
    I'd recommend taking a chance on the Sir Richard Steele - even if there's nothing interesting on the bar, it's worth a swift half to check out the interior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I went to the Tapping the Admiral in October and my impression was that they tended to serve London area micros with Hophead and an Adnam's beer as "permanent" guests.
    The Spoons at Camden Lock vastly exceeded my expectations on the day, but I think you would rather I hadn't pointed that out!!
    Cheers Guys,thats helpful, and Aqualung you are correct about the Spoons.
    -W.C.Fields

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

The Junction Tavern is worth a look and can break the walk between The Southampton and The Pineapple.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    The Junction Tavern is worth a look and can break the walk between The Southampton and The Pineapple.
    Hi MM, I actually visited the Junction Tavern in July 2010, at the time although finding the pub itself ok I wasn't overly impressed by the beer range or quality,it was a very hot day in a mini heatwave and might explain the beer being flat and warm and did have the same problem in a couple of other pubs on the day, but not all. The beer selection now looks to have improved a bit judging by your review.
    but we will probably give it a body swerve this time as we may go on to a couple of pubs in the Islington area later and time as usual will probably be pressing . Thanks for the suggestion though.
    -W.C.Fields