Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Us, and our dogs, or whatever pet rings your bell.....

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Can't agree with your first point, ETA, it's clear that you don't live on a shrinking income. I do, and while I can and will, if at all possible, keep dogs, it will be at the expense of something else. I'm not on the breadline, but many elderly dog owners are, and, for some of them any extra expense will be a burden. In this case an unnecessary one.
    I do, however, agree with the second. The dog licence has never worked properly in the past, as ever, the law-abiding bought theirs, nobody else did. And it still cost the country money, which was why it was dropped in the first place.
    PoliticiansControl freaks, the lot of them
    I take your point. Trouble is it doesn't matter how you legislate or charge, two constants remain - there will always be irresponsible and inappropriate dog owners (those who want a dog as a status symbol or who can't look after one), and the government will always take a cut of anything we pay for.

Yet more data for your personal file those nice people in Government keep on you. Yet another buff envelope to annually pop through the letter box threatening you with a future including a criminal record. Mind you it will find something those useless CPSOs to do without much training or risk to themselves. That is checking the old ladies do have licences for poodles ,yorkies and the rest of the yappie little ankle snappers. Gang dogs ...well...they will leave those those to community dog catchers.
    Notice how the word "community" is popping up everywhere. It gives you the false belief that you actually have a controlling interest in " community whatever" whilst it is actually a cheaper and less effective way of doing things.
    Just had a thought ( ouch). Who will pay the costs of a claim against an uninsured dog. I can see an add on government premium being charged to pet insurance policies.. As usual the law abiding will subsidise the the neer do wells. Councils and Solicitors will open new departments to deal with a rich vein of revenue. Vets will be unable to treat sick animals because they will have a nice little earner chipping dogs. Unless they enable CPSOs to do it.Hardly likely though, they might get bit.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Notice how the word "community" is popping up everywhere. It gives you the false belief that you actually have a controlling interest in " community whatever" whilst it is actually a cheaper and less effective way of doing things.
    And, you may have noticed our non-government is about to turn them all into paid spies, able to hand out fines and file nanonymous reports on our behaviour, vz-a-viz, dogs, rubbish, driving etc.........George Orwell isn't even a contender compared to this lot..........
    But then, there's always beer I hope I haven't spouted off too soon..........Ah well
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Something on a lighter Doggy Note

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0KcJ9su_z4

The perfect dinner guest

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Excellent stuff arkwrite. Perfect for both pets & youtube threads.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Saturday's Guardian has a pet supplement, cats and dogs today, more to follow. I never knew there was so much to it.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Before & after. Even the grass got a trim! Not sure about the new dog groomer though, I've been to the loft to look out me clippers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1643.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1663.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	280