Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Us, and our dogs, or whatever pet rings your bell.....

Threaded View

Default Us, and our dogs, or whatever pet rings your bell.....

Threads about folk and their pets seem universally popular, regardless of site. So, I thought, why not here?
    Dogs have been my passion as long as I can remember. One of the penalties of growing 'old' is that I realise far more dogs have gone before than are still to come. Given that, here is 'Boy', the first dog I can truly call mine own.
    He was a Morrocan bred Malinois that I rescued from an idiot of an owner who had no idea what he had got. At two years old he weighed less than 30lb and couldn't walk a mile without resting.
    In truth he was magnificent. I had three RAF police dogs during my time in the service, I would have, and on a couple of occasions did, trust my life to any of the three. Boy eclipsed them all. When with Boy, evil feared us.
    The first pic shows Boy after I'd had him for three months, the last about a week before he died. The one in the middle is of him and Mrs 'rd'. It is blurred, nowt I can do about that, but it is probably my favourite photo of all those I've taken.

Ps As you may notice I've managed to reverse the picsthe Beast is gone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1977 07 30 00..JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	555.8 KB 
ID:	179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1968 06 30 00..JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1966 06 26 02..jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	425.4 KB 
ID:	181  
    Last edited by runningdog; 08-03-2010 at 23:05.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........