Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pub maps

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

My problem with the maps is finding the pub I want amongst all the green buttons.

I look on the map at the top so I can move the map around. I used to get the pub I was on indicated by showing it's name in a little box. It is not there now, so If I haven't the address I have to scroll down the right hand side to find the pub and click on it to get the box.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Not Quite,

The pub maps on the pubs page are wrong,they seem to be at the point before map correction,when you click on the pubs map,the map point is correct.

I checked this with a few pubs that i have corrected and all are wrong on the pubs main page.
    Well spotted. However, I've checked this with some that I have corrected and although I agree the "pub location" map on the pub's main page is showing a slightly different position from the "interactive map", I don't think it's the original "best guess". I think it's that the two map versions are slightly different and are out of sync with each other. Here's an example, and here are two more in Derby that I've just done (to see if a recent change made a difference to how they're presented - it doesn't). These were all quite a long way from their correct spots (see http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubmapaudit/42898/, for example), but the "front page" map just shows them slightly away from the street, as though the map is out of kilter.

Hope this helps Dave to identify the problem.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    I used to get the pub I was on indicated by showing it's name in a little box. It is not there now, so If I haven't the address I have to scroll down the right hand side to find the pub and click on it to get the box.
    I agree it's not as good as it used to be, and I hope Dave will be able to fix it. However, the pub you are on is bound to be dead centre on the map (if you've arrived there by clicking the map button on the main page), meaning that it is always going to be top of the list in the pane on the right. Just click on it there, and the name appears on the map.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I agree it's not as good as it used to be, and I hope Dave will be able to fix it. However, the pub you are on is bound to be dead centre on the map (if you've arrived there by clicking the map button on the main page), meaning that it is always going to be top of the list in the pane on the right. Just click on it there, and the name appears on the map.
    Yes I have been looking at it since I typed my post to see how it was going to work. If it is always at the top, I can live with that. I was looking for a station near a pub and moved the map around looking for the station so the names on the right moved around. Found the station then hadn't a clue where the pub was. OK with it now.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

... the "front page" map just shows them slightly away from the street, as though the map is out of kilter.
    ...this seems to be OK now.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

...this seems to be OK now.
    Its not working on this pub still on wrong side of the road Admiral Sir John Borlase Warren (JD Wetherspoon).

I'll stay on me own

Its not working on this pub still on wrong side of the road Admiral Sir John Borlase Warren (JD Wetherspoon).
    I will now take that back,it was wrong when i posted it,but it now now in the correct position

I know how you feel! The pub map points I've corrected today are all now in the right places on the front page maps, but the examples I linked to yesterday are all still slightly astray.
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 29-11-2013 at 20:38.
    Come On You Hatters!