Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: youtube

The trouble is in those days very few matches were recorded, so there is much less of his footballing legacy retained on film than there would be if he played today. I've never seen Georgi Kinkladze play live so I suppose its' not really fair for me to try to make a comaprison, but I did see George collect a volleyed cross on his thigh with such skill that it dropped in front of him, thus allowing him to volley it past John Jackson without a defender getting a sniff of the ball. In the same match he played a cushioned header with such perfect pace that Dennis just had to run on to it and tuck it away. It's not just about dribbling. But to use the word "unmipressed" in the same sentence as "George Best" is a bit offside!

[QUOTE=RogerB;9258]My favourite YouTube video has nothing to do with football - don't watch this while eating.QUOTE]

If Mrs 'rd' watched that she'd fall off the armchair, vertigo unlimited ,my lass. But then, she's puts up with me..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    But to use the word "unimpressed" in the same sentence as "George Best" is a bit offside!
    Maybe, but in the absence of any definitive evidence to support the hyperbole that has always surrounded the player, it's rather difficult to understand quite the amount of fuss he generated.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    My favourite YouTube video has nothing to do with football - don't watch this while eating.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQEKifS7fV0
    Whoooaaaah! Vertiginous indeed. Not for me, that.
    That's not to say I didn't enjoy the clip...

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

You two haven't been drinking today I'd say, the conversation is far too highbrow.

As for me however, ....my dad took me to OT a few times, I saw the tragic demise of Best, it was at the stage when no one knew if he would turn up. Best, Law and Charlton, even as late as 1971-2 though, were a formidable act, even to an untutored 10 year old. I however found Ian Storey Moore and Willie Morgan just as exciting and more reliable than George.
    Anyway, having gone to Alty first there was no looking back. If my dad had taken me to OT before Moss Lane anything could have happened, .......shudders!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Whoooaaaah! Vertiginous indeed. Not for me, that.
    That's not to say I didn't enjoy the clip...
    I'd be fine, being used to scaffolding etc, apart from those missing path bits, with the hold on while walking the line. Hmm. I'd say worth it for the views.

Almost bad as Tamworth's FA Trophy Final defeat in 2003..

If I do ever go on that trail.. I would get almost guaranteed brown skidmarks in my boxer shorts
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I'd be fine, being used to scaffolding etc, apart from those missing path bits, with the hold on while walking the line. Hmm. I'd say worth it for the views.
    I would be on my hands and knees for most of it and to do it clutching a video recorder while springing over the gaps like a gazelle on heat, balancing on the rail where the path has disappeared, er, no thanks. There are times where I am expecting the path to crumble underfoot and send him down to certain death.

Whisper it quietly round my way, but in the spirit of fairness I'm posting the attached link for Rex.
    Doesn't change my mind on the skill question but my opinion on that wasn't intended to demean other great talents, including another lost soul - Gazza.
    Btw, most City fans of my generation & up would automatically nominate our one true King - Colin Bell, but as a different kind of star. Sorry, I didn't mean the thread to become football linked - it was a genuine enquiry about worthwhile footage, of owt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAaNUVKWBmM

I would be on my hands and knees for most of it and to do it clutching a video recorder while springing over the gaps like a gazelle on heat, balancing on the rail where the path has disappeared, er, no thanks. There are times where I am expecting the path to crumble underfoot and send him down to certain death.
    O.......M.......G!!!!

This trail is even more dangerous than one mentioned..

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_mar20...onTeahouse.htm

J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/