Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 14 Mar 2010)

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post

Sounds like a horrible week, hope they have successfully broken the stone up, I have heard many painful descriptions of kidney stones. Does the diabetes just mean you have to watch your diet now?
    Apparently, mine was quite a small one and should pass out the body on its own. God knows what a large one feels like. With the diabetes, diet control is usually the first option. Ironic that I got a state of the art breadmaker for my big five-oh three weeks back!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

That sounds a bit unremitting. I remember an old wives tale about drinking a bottle of Olive Oil to wash out the kidney stones, on so many levels right now I wouldn't advise that.

Hope the diabetes turns out not to be too much of a burden, have to admit it is a condition that would irritate the hell out of me, the concept of watching what I eat in that way just doesn't bear thinking about.

Also I got glares off Dave when I asked if we should suggest to the forum that we all donate towards a nice box of chocolates for you after a week like that (sorry, if it helps I think we have already established I am going to Hell).

if it helps I think we have already established I am going to Hell.
    I'll be going through Charing Cross in about 20 minutes. I'll pop in the Boadicea and let them know so they will be expecting you.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Also I got glares off Dave when I asked if we should suggest to the forum that we all donate towards a nice box of chocolates for you after a week like that )
    Nice to know that people care, albeit some in a sick and twisted way. Thanks guys.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Just pokin me 'ead round the door to mention my BotW, Sixpenny (Wayland) Brewery's 6d Special. 5.8 and drinks like it, full of flavour. I won't try to describe it any more, you'll just have to try it.
    While I'm here I'll add my commiseration's to 'a&h' on his bad week. Bet it don't 'old him back that much.......... .. and another one for 'a&h...
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........