Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pub Of The Month - November 2013

This Space For Hire

Although I have been to this pub many times and maybe again tomorrow night I still haven't reviewed it. The Fox and Anchor London ec1 is a lovely pub and the beer quality has improved greatly. So my POTM.

I'll stay on me own

My pub of the month for November goes to the Rowel Charter Inn http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/30000/,a nice old pub with a good choice of real ales on the bar.

I went to some excellent pubs in November, including 29 that I'd never been in before, two of which I have now been back to for a second visit. These were the Falstaff Tavern in Derby and the The Grafton Hotel in Worksop. On the basis that I gave the latter a (very rare) 10 and the former an 8 (because of a slightly tired beer and a less impressive beer range), my pub of the month must go to the Falstaff.

Honourable mentions to the Scarbrough Arms, Tickhill, the Grey Horses, Carlton in Lindrick, the Cellar Bar, Chester and several pubs on the Leeds crawl: the Grove, the Adelphi, the Templar, the Victoria, the Duck & Drake and of course the inimitable Whitelocks.
    Come On You Hatters!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    These were the Falstaff Tavern in Derby and the The Grafton Hotel in Worksop. On the basis that I gave the latter a (very rare) 10 and the former an 8 (because of a slightly tired beer and a less impressive beer range), my pub of the month must go to the Falstaff.
    Eh..?

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I went to some excellent pubs in November, including 29 that I'd never been in before, two of which I have now been back to for a second visit. These were the Falstaff Tavern in Derby and the The Grafton Hotel in Worksop. On the basis that I gave the latter a (very rare) 10 and the former an 8 (because of a slightly tired beer and a less impressive beer range), my pub of the month must go to the Falstaff.

Honourable mentions to the Scarbrough Arms, Tickhill, the Grey Horses, Carlton in Lindrick, the Cellar Bar, Chester and several pubs on the Leeds crawl: the Grove, the Adelphi, the Templar, the Victoria, the Duck & Drake and of course the inimitable Whitelocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Eh..?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Not as confused as I was when typing this, obviously.

Clearly the pub of the month was the Grafton, but some brain cells must have got scrambled since my visit there.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

The Grove Inn Absolute gem of a pub, great ales, great atmosphere - has it all really.