Visit the a swift one site

Yorkshire Ales offer an extensive range of bottled ales from Yorkshire breweries. Located in Snaith, approximately half way between Goole and Selby, the specialist shop currently stocks and showcases over 160 different ales from around 45 breweries across Yorkshire, and of these, about a third are bottle conditioned. The aim is to make available new and exciting beers from the smaller established, lesser known and new emerging breweries of Yorkshire. Owners Adrian and Vicky Pettitt source directly from these breweries and supply a unique range via their shop and an on line service, and already offer a selection like no other.

Adrian and Vicky met when they both worked in IT. Vicky then established a swimming business and was later joined by Adrian in 2008. After a few years, as long time members of CAMRA, festival goers, brewery visitors and in particular lovers of Yorkshire beers, they saw a gap in the beer market - bottled Yorkshire beers! With many retailers focusing on National and International beers, they saw an opportunity to help support Yorkshire breweries and showcase their products.
Adrian was amazed to discover that the web domain name “Yorkshire Ales” was still available and snapped it up. Having obtained his personal and premises licenses, he contacted numerous Yorkshire breweries, his aim being to gather as many bottled beers that Yorkshire has to offer and set out on his mission driving round the county to collect bottles direct. The shop opened on the 29th September 2012 and after just over a year has gone from strength to strength.

The couple are duly proud of their "Wall of Yorkshire Ale" that is rapidly becoming a 'must-see' attraction for any fan of bottled ale. Indeed they are quite surprised at the number of visitors to the shop which currently provides around 40% of sales, the remaining 60% coming from on-line sales. They also act as on-line suppliers on behalf of several of the brewers. A growing wholesale arm to the business has also been nurtured with an ever increasing number of cafes, restaurants and hotels in Yorkshire benefitting from the diverse and interesting range of local ales supplied.
Alongside the ales in the shop a unique and varied range of produce is available, ranging from honey and pickles to wine and champagne, all Yorkshire and all local of course!
Adrian and Vicky aim to become the No.1 Beer Bottle Retailer in the UK and to be the shop where you can count on finding Yorkshire ales. They have already taken steps in that direction when the shop was recently awarded 'Highly Commended' in the category of 'Best Retailer of Local Produce' by the East Yorkshire Local Food Network in October 2013, having already won the #SBS (Small Business Sunday) Award from TV Dragon Theo Paphitis.
As well as attending shows they have also collaborated with many other Yorkshire businesses mainly met on #Yorkshirehour. One of the most recent of these ventures was the launch of the first bottle conditioned beer using hops from new producer “Yorkshire Hops” at Ellerker, East Yorkshire. Brewed by Bobage brewery in Leeds with green Sovereign hops from the first commercial crop, Wilsons Vintage Green is a refreshing 4.2% amber real ale. The first customer to purchase some was Lord Gerald from Carlton Towers who just happened to call by to pick up some local ales. He took one taste of the beer and immediately bought some!
With the unique "Wall of Yorkshire Ale" and the local produce the shop has already proved to be a great addition to the local town's shops and is helping to bring tourism into Snaith.
For those who cannot visit, bottles are available on line via the website:
Spurn Pint