Ads not shown when logged in

View Poll Results: Which evening is busier?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday

9 100.00%
  • Sunday

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busiest evenings of the week?

Teetotal

Default Busiest evenings of the week?

Which two evenings of the week are the busiest, Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Saturday will generally be included, which evening, Friday or Sunday, is busier?

Quote Originally Posted by RRMatthews View Post
    Which two evenings of the week are the busiest, Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Saturday will generally be included, which evening, Friday or Sunday, is busier?
    In my experience it's definitely Friday. It's a no-go night for me!! I've never had the impression that Sunday was ever classed as a busy night.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    In my experience it's definitely Friday. It's a no-go night for me!! I've never had the impression that Sunday was ever classed as a busy night.
    Sunday morning always used to be one of the busiest sessions of the week. Just about everybody turned out for an hour or two before going back at 2PM closing for lunch and a snooze in front of The Big Match, inevitably a dire goalless draw played out in driving sleet.

These days you can easily be on your own at 12:30 on a Sunday on a wet-led pub. Some don't even bother opening till mid-afternoon

This Space For Hire

As I tend to drink in central London around Holborn and the Borough market Thursday and Friday are the busiest. Sunday in any part of London is usually dead nowadays.

In the part of London where I am currently working (Victoria), Thursday seems to be the busiest night of the week.

Not that I'm out on Sunday evenings, but many of the pubs round here are shut by mid evening on a Sunday.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Another City Boy here so Thursday and Friday. Really not worth fighting to the bar on one of these nights in the City
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire

Fridays are definitely the busiest and I try to avoid them unless ensconced for the night. Saturdays are more variable - tends to be the 'circuit' pubs that get stupidly busy later on (and I avoid them anyway). Sundays seem to be much quieter than a few years ago.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

I'm just wondering, what's the point of this thread? A topic of conversation maybe , but looking at the poll its pretty obvious, what I am really getting at is what's in it for the poster, one post and last online 1 min after posting, unless he's viewing without logging in. Also how was this poll enabled, I didn't know you could do that. Not a major gripe ,maybe I'm being just a bit grumpy.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Fridays are definitely the busiest and I try to avoid them unless ensconced for the night. Saturdays are more variable - tends to be the 'circuit' pubs that get stupidly busy later on (and I avoid them anyway). Sundays seem to be much quieter than a few years ago.
    Sundays used to be quite mad when the (official) hours were 12:00-14:00 and 19:00-22:30. It's completely different now as if a pub does decent Sunday Dinners it will get afternoon trade and the footbore has added another dimension for pubs with screens. Generally there's no way Sunday is a busy night in my experience.