Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Victorian Pub Crawl in Birmingham

Default Victorian Pub Crawl in Birmingham

I am putting together a short crawl of some of Birmingham's Victorian pubs in the City Centre. They must be 'lively', it is someone's 40th Birthday and ale is not what they're going for. That is just for me.

I am going to start in the Victoria in John Bright Street, and go up a few yards and try the new Cherry Red's again (its in a Victorian building in a mainly Victorian street).

I had planned to go from there to the Lost and Found on Bennetts Hill, then the Wellington and Old Joint Stock.

Any Victorian alternatives after Cherry Red's?
    I'll just stay till we've won the quiz...Or taken over the world...Whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by General Staal View Post
    I am putting together a short crawl of some of Birmingham's Victorian pubs in the City Centre. They must be 'lively', it is someone's 40th Birthday and ale is not what they're going for. That is just for me.

I am going to start in the Victoria in John Bright Street, and go up a few yards and try the new Cherry Red's again (its in a Victorian building in a mainly Victorian street).

I had planned to go from there to the Lost and Found on Bennetts Hill, then the Wellington and Old Joint Stock.

Any Victorian alternatives after Cherry Red's?
    The Shakespeare is faux Victorian with decent beer and only a spit away from Bennetts Hill; I think lively would normally be part of the description unless that's a euphemism for some thing else You could head out along Corporation St to the bloody awful but noisy The Crown in a nice Victorian building then go back to the Old Royal, Pub du Vin might appeal to some but will be too sedate, Utopia The Bar looks like a joker although Soupy reckons it's Edwardian, Edmunds is a bit of red brick Victoriana but doesn't sound very lively but how much lively does your 40 year old want?

This Space For Hire

Victorian/Edwardian? The Anchor This is a great pub when I go back to Brum that I enjoy going in.

Quote Originally Posted by General Staal View Post
    The Woodman is Victorian. If you're going to The Anchor you won't be far away. I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the Old Contemptibles.
    Last edited by Andy Ven; 26-10-2013 at 22:00.
    Waes hael!