Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Slow Uploads

Default Slow Uploads

Over the last couple of months I have found that it is taking longer and longer to upload my photos with sometimes one photo taking up to 7 mins to upload,and in some cases the upload aborts and says server error.Is there anything I might try or do to speed up the process as this Thursday I am going to Bath and surrounding areas for 5 days and by next week there should be over 200 to upload.Your help would be much appreciated

That does seem very slow, as far as I can tell most other users are able to upload fairly normally at the moment.

Have you tried running a speed test from your computer? Try something like http://www.speedtest.net/ which should tell you what kind of upload speed your Internet connection has.

Enjoy your trip to my part of the world. I would suggest catching you for a beer but I'm not very available right now

Thanks Dave I will try that

Speed is usual for me. It's taking a bit longer now than it did but that's because I have a new camera taking a larger megapixel photo and hence produces a larger jpeg file. Have you got a new camera lately (or upped the megapixel count?)

Yes I did get a new camera about 6 months ago and it is a larger megapixel but it is only the last month or so it seems to have slowed down.When I get home from Bath will look into it.Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    Yes I did get a new camera about 6 months ago and it is a larger megapixel but it is only the last month or so it seems to have slowed down.When I get home from Bath will look into it.Thanks for the feedback
    Uploaded about 6 from the Hotel in Bath no problem and in quick time, even toying with the idea of staying an extra night to upload all the 300 to be on the safe side.

This Space For Hire

When I went to BT Fibre from the cabinet from normal BT I couldn't click the buttons quick enough to get the next picture uploading before the current one was done. All about connection speed but as said file size has an impact.

I've tried a couple of times recently, but I don't now seem to be able to upload a photo to attach to a forum posting (although this used to work fine). Is this a related issue?