Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: "Reviewed pub removed from the system."

Default "Reviewed pub removed from the system."

I recently received the subject notification, and I wondered what might cause a pub to be completely removed, rather than just shown as closed. I thought of two possible explanations, first that the establishment was generatign a lot of controversy so the admins might want to remove it to protect the site. This sort of happened on 'the other' site back in the dim and distant past when it was still being moderated, although on that occasion they hid the pub rather than removed it.

The second thought I had was that as it had closed, maybe it had been converted into a private house, or a mosque, and the new owners wanted for some reason (privacy? Disassociation on moral grounds?) to mask the fact that it had once been a pub. While I can understand those thoughts, it does in those circumstances seem a bit like tinkering with history (by the owners, I mean, not the site admins).

I realise the admins might not want to discuss specific examples for reasons of discretion, so I won't name the pub concerned, but any general thoughts/comments?

Generally speaking this thread is usually relevant when a pub gets removed in that way.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Generally speaking this thread is usually relevant when a pub gets removed in that way.
    Oh, that reminds me to self sacrifice & revisit the blacklisted pub, trouble is there are a couple of good ones [including a JDW] one on my route

I would be very happy to give a positive review, but as most of us, if not all, we report what we find

Don't hold your breath folks, and will take the camera to photograph loo steps this time [ but pub photography can be a dangerous business]
    I drink to make others more interesting