Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The money shot

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Shortly after the Grafton Inn , Hereford was made over the mrs and I visited. On returning from the Gents I enthused so much over the decor my mrs
    told me to take a photo so she could see it which I did. Never thought of posting it but where do you stop? On these sort of occasions it is a not to include anyone or even to admit to doing it.
    Guilty as charged, I took photos of bogs at the Hampshire Hog when it had been revamped and had open day, for much same reason as you, I was very impressed compared to normal pub

I did upload but mentioned it to Conrad in case he thought it was "not on" seemed to be OK

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/14100/

Now, should I take bog pics of the Bird in Hand? Nice ones, but come with large vase of twigs in corner

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Hubby took a lovely photo of the gents urinal at Pivo's in York when it was a gargoyles mouth. Unfortunately next time we went someone had tried to rip it off the wall, and the last time we went it had gone. Had the loos in the Philarmonic in Liverpool cleared so a group of us ladies could go in to take photos of the urinals there. Always the gents that have the interesting features!! Gents outside loo at a pub in Brighton has a board above the door saying USED BEER DEPARTMENT.

Wanted to start a website publoos.com but it could be abused.

Spritzer Swallower Manky Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I've just been through approving all of yesterdays pictures and noticed an interesting trend from Manky Badger. He has been submitting pictures of the pumps and clips. I've always thought this was a good idea, although can understand people not wanting to deal with the inevitable questions as they drag their camera/phone out to photo the clips.

Anyway it is a nice touch to show what they are selling and was quite impressed to see him putting the effort in.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=f04c911092 is a hobby of mine too...

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post

Click Here!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    I've recently got hold of a proper camera, and so I'll try and get round the local pubs for pictures if that helps. Interior as well - we're making a database of local pubs for the local CAMRA branch, as quite a few are in the sticks here and any help is good for them (I hope!) 2 pints with 1 glass, you might say
    Well we would always love to have them. How involved with CAMRA are you, Ed? I am constantly wondering if there is some room for us to promote CAMRA from the main site and hopefully get a little reciprocal promotion. A simple for instance is to refer to local CAMRA branches from the towns and some pubs on the PG site. I should say if anyone has any involvement with CAMRA this sort of thing interests us.

Hubby took a lovely photo of the gents urinal at Pivo's in York when it was a gargoyles mouth. Unfortunately next time we went someone had tried to rip it off the wall, and the last time we went it had gone. Had the loos in the Philarmonic in Liverpool cleared so a group of us ladies could go in to take photos of the urinals there. Always the gents that have the interesting features!! Gents outside loo at a pub in Brighton has a board above the door saying USED BEER DEPARTMENT.

We are back at the pub loos sites again http://www.pubtoilets.com/

Also given this twist of the thread I am now really regretting the title I gave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manky Badger View Post
    And there's me thinking you did it all the photos for us, I'm less impressed now .

I have to admit I am playing in my mind with ways of storing pump clips in the system, there are some classic images snuck into them.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Always the gents that have the interesting features!!
    One feature I found was instead of the normal "polo" cleaning block in base was a mini disinfectant football dangling down, thus one could happily while away the time, and no doubt publican ensured we all improved our aim

Nothin to do with photos, but as this seems to be concentrating on loos for now, I don't feel guilty at all. Went into a pub that had a beautiful polished marble bar top. Only the name of a well-known supplier of loos and such gave the game away. Can't remember the name of the place, but I'm told it's gone now.
    Shame, wonder what happened to the bar top..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Nothin to do with photos, but as this seems to be concentrating on loos for now, I don't feel guilty at all. Went into a pub that had a beautiful polished marble bar top. Only the name of a well-known supplier of loos and such gave the game away. Can't remember the name of the place, but I'm told it's gone now.
    Shame, wonder what happened to the bar top..........
    Brilliant, I wonder if it works out any cheaper.

Edit: Oh God I now have visions of them rotating it with the Gents, "quick lads, the barrels empty, time to switch the urinals over"

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Brilliant, I wonder if it works out any cheaper.

Edit: Oh God I now have visions of them rotating it with the Gents, "quick lads, the barrels empty, time to switch the urinals over"
    Wasnt George Michaels local was it
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Wasnt George Michaels local was it
    Only if there were lots of Police loitering in the toilets