Visit the Taking the Beard Out of Beer site

Sorry I haven't got time to re-write the below but thought it was a cute story to put a smile on your Friday faces! I'm going to enter Fuggles as the horses name personally - that way people will have to ask what it means and will get some beer education at the same time.

I thought about offering up Saccharomyces cerevisiae but thought that would just be a bit sad! Have a great weekend all.

Shire Horses to return to the National Brewery Centre
Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, UK – 5th March 2010 – In readiness for the 1st May 2010 opening of the new National Brewery Centre, Burton upon Trent, staff are busily preparing to welcome back the much-missed Shire horses to the Horninglow Road site.

The iconic breed is well-known for its work in the brewing industry and Planning Solutions Ltd, the company behind the new National Brewery Centre, has secured two young local Shire horses that will be at the site during weekends, school and bank holidays.

The first, a two year old gelding, born in Ramsor, near Ashbourne, is called Major and currently stands at 16.3 hands high.

The younger of the pair is yearling colt, born in Sutton on the Hill and currently stands at around 15.2 hands high. The National Brewery Centre is launching a competition to name him and the lucky winner will receive a Family Annual Ticket for the centre.

To enter the naming competition, entrants will simply need to email their suggestion of a name for the yearling colt, along with their name and contact details to:
shires@nationalbrewerycentre.co.uk

The competition closes at midnight on the 31st March 2010 and the winner will be contacted shortly afterwards.

The new National Brewery Centre will be open by the 1st May 2010 and further details can be found at the website www.nationalbrewerycentre.co.uk

More...