Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: One for the Londoners here - Are Antic in trouble ?

  1. #11
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    "Barnet Council’s register of assets of community value, which makes it more difficult for landlords to sell"
    http://www.barnet-today.co.uk/news.c...munity%20asset'
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  2. #12
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    "The Baring Hall Hotel in Grove Park, which was spared demolition in 2011 by a campaign started by local residents, will open its doors again on November 21"
    http://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/201...open-as-a-pub/
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  3. #13
    This Space For Hire Rex_Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Malden
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "The Baring Hall Hotel in Grove Park, which was spared demolition in 2011 by a campaign started by local residents, will open its doors again on November 21"
    http://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/201...open-as-a-pub/
    Desperately needed, as there doesn't seem to be another pub for miles. Interestingly, the report says that Antic have bought the pub which, if true, is a departure from their usual practice of taking (usually short) leases.

  4. #14
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,711

    Default Provenance

    " would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs"
    http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/n...r_in_business/
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  5. #15
    Down but not out Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    " would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs"
    http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/n...r_in_business/
    Bit of a lame excuse.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  6. #16
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,711
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  7. #17
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    According to their web site Antic are planning opening unspecified pubs in Harlesden and Willesden Green, arguably the worst drinking area in the whole of Greater London. Spoons opened the Coliseum back in the 90s but gave up on it and I remember also going to a grotty Fuller's pub called the Green Man. I can't think of a pub with any merit whatsoever in the Willesden Green area,

  8. #18
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    According to their web site Antic are planning opening unspecified pubs in Harlesden and Willesden Green, arguably the worst drinking area in the whole of Greater London. Spoons opened the Coliseum back in the 90s but gave up on it and I remember also going to a grotty Fuller's pub called the Green Man. I can't think of a pub with any merit whatsoever in the Willesden Green area,
    I hope that one of them might be the Royal Oak - a run-down pub which still has some interesting features and one that somebody with a bit of imagination could do a decent job with.

  9. #19
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    I've never been in it, I always assumed it was an Irish pub. It is certainly an impressive building, but does Harlesden have tbe market for an Antic pub? I haven't been there for two or three years.

  10. #20
    This Space For Hire Rex_Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Malden
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Two more Antic pubs in SW London closed in February (Provenance, Colliers Wood and Kings Head, Clapham, following close on the heels of the Battersea Mess and Music Hall, and with The Wheatsheaf at Tooting Bec under serious threat. It doesn't really pay to get too attached to their pubs in my part of the world. They seem to be taking these short leases from the big boys, I suspect in the knowledge that they won't be long lived establishments in some cases. Just babysitting them some might say. But most are reasonable places while they are with us - at least they do good beer.

Similar Threads

  1. Double trouble
    By ROBCamra in forum Report a review
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-04-2013, 06:56
  2. Antic Pubs Web Site
    By Aqualung in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-02-2013, 09:18
  3. The Pub Curmudgeon - Trouble breeds trouble
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-08-2012, 12:21
  4. Antic pubs
    By RogerB in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-10-2011, 06:52
  5. Pubology - Pubs Named After Important Londoners
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 11:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •