Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: One for the Londoners here - Are Antic in trouble ?

This Space For Hire

Antic have decided to sell 11 of their pubs.They will either vacate the premises or continue renting from the new owners.They can only be viewed through Fleurets.Included in the sales notice is this statement
    Please note staff are unaware and should not be approached under any circumstances.
    Great employer ?

Another beer related site that I frequent has posted a tranche of Antic pubs as closed. Thinking about it, I've never actually been in any,though the London based scribes on that site have been known to use 'em.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Another beer related site that I frequent has posted a tranche of Antic pubs as closed. Thinking about it, I've never actually been in any,though the London based scribes on that site have been known to use 'em.
    Have been in the Job Centre and Walker Briggs and don't think they have much outside space if any so may be closed as they cant make a profit.Woudnt surprise me if they have closed for good though.I have noticed you sometimes post on Beers and Pubs so checked it out.

I think the Antic 'closures' are only temporary. They adopted a phased reopening plan from 4th July - there were around 15 or so that opened straight away and they've been opening others as and when they feel they are ready (the Sylvan Post in Forest Hill opened its doors again today, becoming the 28th Antic pub to do so). There are still around 10 that have not yet reopened, but the Antic website suggests they intend to have them all back in business as soon as it's feasible to do so. I certainly hope that's the case, as a few that I use regularly are yet to get back up and running yet.