Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Newark

Default Newark

I was in Newark recently, mostly for photography - there's still a few to do, if anyone else fancies a go. I did pop into a couple of pubs before cycling back to Retford for my train to Sheffield. In fact, I only intended to do one: I stumbled across the Just Beer Micropub and had a very enjoyable half, then somehow talked myself into having "just one more" at The Malt Shovel. My review tells the story there.

I needed to clear the taste of the poor quality beer before I set off, so I took the easy option of just crossing the road to The White Swan. Whoops! Talk about out of the frying pan, into the fire.

By this time I had already had more than I would normally consider wise with a 30 mile cycle ride still to do, but I now needed more than ever to clear the taste of the even poorer quality beer before I set off, so armed with a copy of Beer Gutter Press (the local Camra newsletter) I went in search of The Prince Rupert. Fortunately, I was able to find the antidote here and made good my escape from Newark.

However, by now the seed of a Newark Pub Crawl had been sown, and I put together a rough draft when I got home (see attached). This is at such an early stage of planning that I'm open to suggestions along the lines of either "but you've missed out..." or "you don't want to go there". (I've included The Horse & Jockey because I'm hoping it will have reopened by the time I get round to doing the crawl.)

Possible dates are 10th or 11th September or 1st or 2nd October (these are Tue/Wed - they happen to be the days that are easiest for me to get off work). If anyone would like to join in, please feel free to do so either via this forum or by PM.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Hi Will, Sorry i car'nt make this crawl,
    weekdays are always a problem and i have already done 36 pubs in Newark,most of these i have took photos of so i would not get that many new pubs done.

I have took photos of some of the closed pubs,i must get round to adding them to the site,but there is so much i want to add at the moment.

I hope you have a good day out.

Cheers Alan