Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham Crawl 17/8/2013

I'll stay on me own

Default Birmingham Crawl 17/8/2013

Ive booked tickets to Birmingham for a good crawl next Saturday.

This will be my first proper crawl of Birmingham since 1987,i have only done 56 pubs in Birmingham and none phtographed,so it will be a busy day drinking and trying to get some photo's of pubs i have done in the past.

If regular members want to join this hectic crawl i will be arriving at New Street station just after 8.30,then take a few photo's in the Highgate area and hope to get in the Dragon Spoons around 9.00 for an early morning half pint.

Back into town and a few more photo's to take then a drink in the Briar Rose Spoons,i wont bother with the famous Wellington as i did it when it was a Courage tied house back in 1987.

The main crawl will be in the Jewellery quarter,i want to do all proper pubs in this area then pick up some estate type pubs on the edge of this area,the pub crawl will be done roughly clockwise,starting at the Queens Arms then Rose Villa and ending at the Hen and Chickens,with probably one more beer near New Street station.

If any regular members want to meet up for part or all of this crawl,i will be happy to see you.

Cheers Alan

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Sorry, we will be in Nottinghamshire and will have a crawl or two round Nottingham. Enjoy your day.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Hi Al,

I am also away the 16/17th - have a good time - I will be interested to read the reviews
    MILD:

A bit short notice for me, Al. My employer already has plans for me that day! Hope you have a grand day out.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Well it is a shame that i have no takers to join all or part of my Birmingham crawl,i had to book at short notice because i had to wait for payday.

The highlighs of this crawl for me will be visiting the White House for a drink of Holdens bitter or mild and doing some estate pubs like this one / i just hope that it is open,whttp://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56136/what more could you ask for a dire looking pub in a shopping precinct with some large blocks of flats in the background, Bliss.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I will keep trying to get a meet up with some regulars,as i have not yet met any members on this forum yet.

Cheers Alan
    Last edited by Al 10000; 13-08-2013 at 15:30.

I'll stay on me own

I seem to have forgot how to add a pubs link to a post.

It was meant to be the Twin Towers pub in ladywood,i will have another try now Twin Towers

Sorry Al I have family coming down to Eastbourne to watch Airbourne on Saturday.

Hope you have a fruitful day.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

ah, too short notice for me as I already have another crawl planned. Hope you have a great day though. Al

If the Villa were at home I would have been up town at 9 and I would have gladly met for a crawl.

As it is we are at Arsenal so I will be in London at 9 far a crawl !!

Del.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Well it is a shame that i have no takers to join all or part of my Birmingham crawl,i had to book at short notice because i had to wait for payday.

The highlighs of this crawl for me will be visiting the White House for a drink of Holdens bitter or mild and doing some estate pubs like this one / i just hope that it is open,whttp://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56136/what more could you ask for a dire looking pub in a shopping precinct with some large blocks of flats in the background, Bliss.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I will keep trying to get a meet up with some regulars,as i have not yet met any members on this forum yet.

Cheers Alan
    I'm sure we can meet at some point Al, I'm not away on this date but saving for a Lager extravaganza in spain early Sept, Hope you have a good day anyway.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields