Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logging In

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I would like to know how to delete cookies,but i dont know where or what a control panel is or where the internet options button is
    You need a video https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=de...w=1440&bih=728

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I have deleted all my cookies, but have just had to log in again. Think I have chrome somewhere on here. Will have a look around. Did an update for it, so they must be somewhere.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I'll stay on me own

Thanks for the advise Quinno,but this has confused me even more,nothing on my laptop matches what i saw on the videos.

I really am useless with computors and dont think i will ever be able to delete cookies or any other things that need to be deleted.

Well I have managed to find chrome and am using it now. No toolbars or favourites, but I have entered my usual tab items into bookmarks and so far so good. I have shut everything down, then gone back into chrome again and re-entered onto tabs from bookmarks without signing into anything for a second time. I keep having to enlarge type as it doesn't remember the magnification of anything but I can live with that. Will give it a few days to learn my way round.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I have mine set up to delete my history each time I switch off, it saves things getting clogged up and slow, you need to have all your regular sites listed in favourites though.

Al, you can find the delete buttons in Tools via Internet Options, click on the little cog wheel symbol on your toolbar.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I have mine set up to delete my history each time I switch off, it saves things getting clogged up and slow, you need to have all your regular sites listed in favourites though.

Al, you can find the delete buttons in Tools via Internet Options, click on the little cog wheel symbol on your toolbar.
    I can find tools but not internet options,there is a thing called options but this does not lead to anything saying delete,i also could not find a cog wheel symbol.

To be honest i am not sure what a tool bar is and definatly dont know about bookmarks or the likes.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I have been having trouble logging in for a couple of years now [Firefox], never remembers my password, in the end I gave up and ceased posting reviews & pictures

Had one last PM to Dave a week or so back, he has fixed it, sort of, my Firefox still does not leave me logged in, but soon sorted, not ideal, but at least I can now get back to reviewing & adding pics

I did try Opera, but that has gone up a few versions and is just a mess to me now, will try Chrome sometime
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I have been having trouble logging in for a couple of years now [Firefox], never remembers my password, in the end I gave up and ceased posting reviews & pictures

Had one last PM to Dave a week or so back, he has fixed it, sort of, my Firefox still does not leave me logged in, but soon sorted, not ideal, but at least I can now get back to reviewing & adding pics

I did try Opera, but that has gone up a few versions and is just a mess to me now, will try Chrome sometime
    Never had a problem with Google Chrome.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Chrome was really messing me about with my Norton Security so I have gone back onto Internet Explorer as I am used to it. I have to log in every time I click on the tab to read the posts on here, but like Farway, I feel as though the logging in all the time is something I will have to put up with. Got worried over messing with Norton as they had me changing passwords and trying to find other security numbers to get their identity safe put on chrome, then said the package I paid loads for in April was not valid, so I came out of chrome altogether and feel relief that everything is still set up on my old comfy Internet Explorer.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I think I may have cracked it, now using Opera 15, which seems to remember my login, so fat anyway
    I drink to make others more interesting