Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Soggy Sheffield Crawl

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Another very entertaining read 'ob'. I really do feel as sick as a parrot for not being able to make it now. Still a Sheffield virgin.
    If you going to Sheffield.. go to Frog & Parrot and order 1/3 pint of Roger & Out

then say good night..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    If you going to Sheffield.. go to Frog & Parrot and order 1/3 pint of Roger & Out

then say good night..
    I used to visit Sheffield a lot in the mid-eighties and went to the Frog & Parrot several times.Tried the Roger and Out. Not very impressed- just an opaque, sickly-sweet novelty. I think the Fat Cat was even around back then. However, the Sheffield pub scene as we think of it today didn't exist and considering that 25 years have passed, it's easier to just say I haven't been yet.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I used to visit Sheffield a lot in the mid-eighties and went to the Frog & Parrot several times.Tried the Roger and Out. Not very impressed- just an opaque, sickly-sweet novelty. I think the Fat Cat was even around back then. However, the Sheffield pub scene as we think of it today didn't exist and considering that 25 years have passed, it's easier to just say I haven't been yet.
    I havent been to Sheffield since 2003 when I was on pub crawl. I have visited Sheffield quite a lot in my student days and tend to stick with student pubs (cheap offers, 2 for one deals etc)

Now I have good reason to go back is tick off JDWs in Sheffield.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

I think there's enough pubs in Sheffield for me to do another four or five crawls and a season ticket on the tram would make it easy to get around. Another pub near the KIT and Fat Cat which no-one has mentioned yet is the Shakespeare Hotel in Gibralter St, Punch Taverns but not supposed to be that bad. Don't forget there's a dedicated Sheffield pub site as well at http://www.sheffieldpub.co.uk/

Thanks also to everyone for the positive feedback, I wont get me coat just yet.....