Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Unknown Pub ?

Default Unknown Pub ?

I was just trawling through the Lost Pubs Project and came across this unknown pub in Bethnal Green, just for my own interest anyone got any ideas?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I was just trawling through the Lost Pubs Project and came across this unknown pub in Bethnal Green, just for my own interest anyone got any ideas?
    Pretty sure it was the George and Dragon Moby.The road changed it's name in 1938 from Bishops Road to Bishops Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    Pretty sure it was the George and Dragon Moby.The road changed it's name in 1938 from Bishops Road to Bishops Way.
    Cheers Wild Rover, I cant find a record a pub at that address though,I did find an entry here for beer retailers, Albt Hy Wood 15 Bishops Way E2 in 1944 ,also mention of Woodheads Cannonbury Brewery Ltd. But nothing in the 1944 pubs directory,the only pub mentioned in this street is the Prince of Wales at number 76, now a private residence. The only George and Dragon I found in the area was here at 2 Hackney Road.
    I am not losing any sleep over this , it was just a passing whim that then lead me to spending a couple of hours delving through London pub history, It can become addictive.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 31-07-2013 at 18:21.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Cheers Wild Rover, I cant find a record a pub at that address though,I did find an entry here for beer retailers, Albt Hy Wood 15 Bishops Way E2 in 1944 ,also mention of Woodheads Cannonbury Brewery Ltd. But nothing in the 1944 pubs directory,the only pub mentioned in this street is the Prince of Wales at number 76, now a private residence. The only George and Dragon I found in the area was here at 2 Hackney Road.
    I am not losing any sleep over this , it was just a passing whim that then lead me to spending a couple of hours delving through London pub history, It can become addictive.
    I looked on google street map to find the number, which was 15 Bishops way,but cannot just remember which site I saw it on but at 15 Bishops Road was the George and Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    I looked on google street map to find the number, which was 15 Bishops way,but cannot just remember which site I saw it on but at 15 Bishops Road was the George and Dragon
    Ok cheers.
    -W.C.Fields