Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub details on PuG

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Ahhh yes, so you were seeing it how the rest of the world sees it!
    Scarey
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Also in case anyone is interested in how much this feature is being used so far you can take a look here http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/user-facilities/
    You should get out more Dave, I'm glad you don't though as nothing would be done.
    Interesting stuff.
    -W.C.Fields

I have a question on this. should Spoons houses have the Beer Festival line set to Yes?
    All of them have the two beer festivals every year. I don't look at them so much as festivals personally, more an alternate guest ale list for a short spell. Earlier this year nearly all of the London Spoons were involved at some point in a London brewer's festival, something that I hope they will repeat at the start of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I have a question on this. should Spoons houses have the Beer Festival line set to Yes?
    All of them have the two beer festivals every year. I don't look at them so much as festivals personally, more an alternate guest ale list for a short spell. Earlier this year nearly all of the London Spoons were involved at some point in a London brewer's festival, something that I hope they will repeat at the start of next year.
    Good point, I did add yes to the Fleet spoons on the basis they are called festivals but now you make me wonder.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Good point, I did add yes to the Fleet spoons on the basis they are called festivals but now you make me wonder.
    My instinct says Yes, but if that is agreed then it would be easier to add it to the three existing defaults (Real Ale, Food and WiFi). Your local Spoons may well have had other festivals, but I'm guessing you don't visit often enough to know about it. The London Beer Festival at the start of the year was not very well publicised, in fact I missed the Sarf London stage as I didn't know about it! I only found out about the recent four pub N London compass point festival as I got a tweet from Redemption!

Surely a festival has got to involve more effort on a publican's part than just putting a couple more beers on? I'm thinking extra stillage, use of a different room, setting up in a yard or a marquee in the car park or garden.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Surely a festival has got to involve more effort on a publican's part than just putting a couple more beers on? I'm thinking extra stillage, use of a different room, setting up in a yard or a marquee in the car park or garden.
    I take your point, but all of these options involve selling the beers on gravity with all the temperature and condition problems that entails. I stopped going to all but a few CAMRA beer festivals well over twenty years ago because the beer was either too warm or in poor condition. There was a discussion recently in another thread about the gravity problems in the Bree Louise near Euston.

I don't see a problem with any pub (not just Spoons) having a themed beer festival where they stock a different selection of beers for a week or whatever.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Hooray, thanks to Dave M I am now back and have quickly used the facility to update a few local pubs, now have a back log of photos & new pub visits to add

I think it best to go with personal preference, I'm not about to start trying to define what is a beer festival - it is tricky enough defining a pub!

As you will have gathered I automatically set all Spoons to have real ale, food and wifi. I'm not entirely sure that holds true perhaps for some of the airport ones but it is near enough. I just chose not to add beer fests but really don't mind if others want to tick it.

What I did have in mind for the beer festival tick box was to enable us to have a nice easy guide to pubs that might be holding some sort of event in the hope that it might help revive the beer festival section of the site. So for example I have now put up a pubs with beer festivals page that also gives an idea for some pubs as to what time of year they might have one.

I have now put up a pubs with beer festivals page that also gives an idea for some pubs as to what time of year they might have one.
    Can the alphabetical order of the pubs be amended so that the definite article is ignored, as in the town or village pages? For example, Waggon & Horses is listed further down the page than The Waggon & Horses. If the latter were Waggon & Horses, The they would be next to each other.
    Come On You Hatters!