Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pubs Doing CAMRA Discount.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

As long as we don't have to conduct a long interview with the landlord to get up to date info I'm happy. Don't really want my pub visit to be as drawn out as CAMRA pub surveys seem to be. I go in for a beer and report my beers. If I remember any of the features I report them but at the end of the day my memory is lacking, and although I always intend to take notes I am usually too busy enjoying the reason I have gone into the pub in the first place to remember!!

OK for those who keep full pub info records though.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    As long as we don't have to conduct a long interview with the landlord to get up to date info I'm happy. Don't really want my pub visit to be as drawn out as CAMRA pub surveys seem to be. I go in for a beer and report my beers. If I remember any of the features I report them but at the end of the day my memory is lacking, and although I always intend to take notes I am usually too busy enjoying the reason I have gone into the pub in the first place to remember!!

I can't agree more! I've updated all my reviews as best I can, anything I'm unsure of remains "unknown". The idea of "interviewing" a landlord is a total nightmare. After all, Michael Parkinson is much older and uglier than me and does anyone REALLY know how bald Terry Wogan is?

On a more serious note, my digging into this subject has revealed that one of the best Spoons I've been to this year does 50p off a pint on Wednesdays. It's the William Jolie by Northwood Hills Station. I'm now trying to sort out a Wednesday and some extra beer tokens to allow me to make a return visit.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    How about food hygiene stars...."scores on the doors"
    It is something I have always fancied getting on the site but not one that we could just have users submitting - if it is going to be done it has to be kept properly up to date (as in daily). I could get hold of the data and see if it is possible to get on the site if people are interested though.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post

I wouldn't expect anyone to make an effort to answer all of the things on a pub visit. Most of the people who use the site a lot at the moment are real ale enthusiasts so I would expect those type of features to get noticed and corrected. In future maybe we will draw in a group of people who are karaoke or quiz enthusiasts and they will probably tell us nothing about the beer.