Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pubs Doing CAMRA Discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Looks as if I'll rejoin when I'm eligible for the geriatric discount!(Next year...)
    If you're prepared to drink in a Spoons it's worth it for the vouchers alone. I got a life sentence back in 1990 for approx £100, so I can only assume that I am now costing them money.

I'm fully expecting a Mr Creosote (from the Python film) situation to develop in the William one Friday afternoon with a shadowy figure from CAMRA HQ offering me "just one more Big Mofo Sir".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Ace! I'll start adding next week. Cheers Dave.

Tapping The Admiral in Camden offers CAMRA discount. Well worth a visit if in the area. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/72375/
    Last edited by RogerB; 18-07-2013 at 11:52.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

That's another great addition to the site,very many thanks.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Thought - would it be worth having a 'last updated' column in order to stop complaints that we are telling punters a discount is available in a pub where it has since ceased (but of which we are unaware?). That way PuG can at least 'manage expectations' as it were.

I'll stay on me own

Yet another good addition to the Pubs Galore site,i have already done most pubs that i know about on the Nottingham list.

Regarding the discount button,you can always press the no discount button if the pub stops doing it,i will keep a look out in the Nottingham drinker for additions or deletions of pubs doing discounts,if other members do the same for their areas we might just keep the site up to date with the discounting pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Yet another good addition to the Pubs Galore site,i have already done most pubs that i know about on the Nottingham list.

Regarding the discount button,you can always press the no discount button if the pub stops doing it,i will keep a look out in the Nottingham drinker for additions or deletions of pubs doing discounts,if other members do the same for their areas we might just keep the site up to date with the discounting pubs.
    I agree with what you say.
    I'm slowly trawling through CAMRA branch websites and have managed to uncover some lists for West Middlesex and North Oxfordshire. The West Middlesex branch has three pubs where they do a FOOD discount for CAMRA members. Two of these were Spoons in Hayes and Stockley Park that I visited earlier in the year so I have flagged the Discount and updated the reviews. I'm not prepared to flag a pub I haven't been to as doing just FOOD discount like the Load of Hay in Uxbridge as I don't want to post a review that just explains the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Thought - would it be worth having a 'last updated' column in order to stop complaints that we are telling punters a discount is available in a pub where it has since ceased (but of which we are unaware?). That way PuG can at least 'manage expectations' as it were.
    Yeah I've added that column. To be honest that page may well change a bit and I need to work out better ways of presenting the information as it is all a bit rough around the edges at the moment. I pretty much just chucked it out there to see if people would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I have flagged the Discount and updated the reviews. I'm not prepared to flag a pub I haven't been to as doing just FOOD discount like the Load of Hay in Uxbridge as I don't want to post a review that just explains the discount.
    At some point I would like to add a comment option so that people can leave an extra short comment like '10p off a pint', 'only available Sundays' or '10% off food only' - that kind of thing. It may be useful for the other features I'm hoping to collect info on too, so people can say how many pool tables there are and how much a game costs or which evening is the pub quiz.

I'm just trying to get my head around how it will all work though so probably nothing new on it till next week once I've had the chance to think about it over a few beers.

Excellent new feature, Dave. Well done!

I'm just trying to get my head around how it will all work though so probably nothing new on it till next week once I've had the chance to think about it over a few beers.
    Careful, now.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

How about food hygiene stars...."scores on the doors"