Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 7 Mar 2010)

Hybrid View

So Late Red has become a 'regular'? - interesting. I look forward to hopefully supping it more frequently then, as it is a favourite of mine. I wonder what the brewery will come up with as their autumnal replacement? It's just a pity that my local Sheps pubs only seem to stock Spitfire or Masterbrew.

As far as Kent's Best is concerned: its a distinctly average brew, in my opinion - acceptable, yet slightly flavourless.

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    I wonder what the brewery will come up with as their autumnal replacement?
    There's a seasonal called Golden Harvest that I have never comes across - seems like the obvious choice.

So Late Red has become a 'regular'? - interesting. I look forward to hopefully supping it more frequently then, as it is a favourite of mine. I wonder what the brewery will come up with as their autumnal replacement? It's just a pity that my local Sheps pubs only seem to stock Spitfire or Masterbrew.

As far as Kent's Best is concerned: its a distinctly average brew, in my opinion - acceptable, yet slightly flavourless.
    I could never see the point in Kents Best, which appeared to be designed to fill a gap in the market which didn't actually exist!

However, I agree that Late Red is a good one and it certainly seems to have remained in circulation all through this winter.

I can't see Sheps getting rid of Spitfire as they have invested so much in the brand in recent years and must be their best-known beer outside of their own pubs.

Perhaps they'll introduce an extra-hoppy ale as their autumnal replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I could never see the point in Kents Best, which appeared to be designed to fill a gap in the market which didn't actually exist!

Perhaps they'll introduce an extra-hoppy ale as their autumnal replacement?
    A bit like Canterbury Jack, then. What happend to that beer anyway? I haven't spotted it of late.

Spring is upon us soon, so it'll be the turn of Early Bird in some of the better Sheps pub. I'm too familiar with it, so am looking forward to giving it another try.

A bit like Canterbury Jack, then. What happend to that beer anyway? I haven't spotted it of late.
    The Robin Hood & Little John in Bexleyheath had it a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    The Robin Hood & Little John in Bexleyheath had it a couple of weeks ago.
    Oh, so it's still around, then. The only pub I ever tried it in was the Royal Oak, Dartford. A very watery beer, quite reminiscent of Chiswick, imo.

Right.. visit to The Bole Bridge before football match was a big disappointment!

All Guest Ales (apart from Shardlow's Fool Twist) was either its clip turned around or not available

So I had to settle for Ruddles Country. I am losing patience with JDW..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I am losing patience with JDW..
    Well, if that's not cause for some personal intervention by Mr Martin, I don't know what is!

Popped into the Litchfield Vaults , Hereford for a quick pint before catching a bus back home.My mind was a bit preoccupied and I forgot to take proper note of the beer. I think it was Thwaites OB ( 4.3 % ?) not a bad drink. Mid amber in colour with a citrus finish and it hung on the glass right to the end. They also had Adnams, Deuchars which are normally available and another ale which I cannot recall. The price of the pint was £2.70p

Just realised I didn't post in this one last Sunday.

As my week was spent mostly in Spain I was worried that I was going to have to choose between San Miguel and Cruzcampo as the only beers I managed to get all week.

There were plenty of English bars around, but most of them seemed to be doing special offers on lager, including one doing a special offer on Carling during the Carling Cup final. The deal was half price during the match until the first goal, I wonder how many got one in during the 5 minutes that deal applied?!

Anyway, on my return I did manage to sneak in a Wychwood Circlemaster to spare my BotW blushes.