Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexborough Crawl 6/6/2013

I'll stay on me own

Default Mexborough Crawl 6/6/2013

I have booked tickets from Nottingham to Mexborough on the 6th of July for a pub crawl of Mexborough and Swinton,this is the first time i have pre booked train tickets since i was made redundent in 2009.

If any brave Yorkshire members or any others who would like to do a complete pub crawl of Mexborough plus a few more in Swinton,i would be happy to meet up with you.
    I will be starting in the Old Market Hall Spoons in Mexborough at about 10.30 then hopefully do a few more in the middle of Mexborough before doing a anti clockwise walk round Mexborough visiting all pubs in the town,then a stroll down to Swinton for the last few pubs,probably get the 1935 or 1943 to Sheffield and a steady drink in the Sheffield Tap before getting the 20.41 back to Nottingham.

Do any of you feel up to this or part of this crawl.

Cheers Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    If any brave Yorkshire members or any others who would like to do a complete pub crawl of Mexborough plus a few more in Swinton,i would be happy to meet up with you.

I will be starting in the Old Market Hall Spoons in Mexborough at about 10.30 then hopefully do a few more in the middle of Mexborough before doing a anti clockwise walk round Mexborough visiting all pubs in the town,then a stroll down to Swinton for the last few pubs,probably get the 1935 or 1943 to Sheffield and a steady drink in the Sheffield Tap before getting the 20.41 back to Nottingham.

If you include The Manvers Arms (a bit of a walk out, I admit, though a pleasant one as I recall) as well as the Mexborough town centre and estate pubs, that's 19 before you've even started on Swinton, which has 12 itself. Unfortunately I'll be unable to take this stamina test as I'm at work all day next Saturday (until after your train departs for Nottingham).

Enjoy!
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Sorry Al, tied up with family commitments this weekend. Hope you enjoy your day.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I'll be enjoying the delights of Masham of the 6th, another time perhaps.

I'll stay on me own

It is a shame that nobody could make it even for a quick drink,this means that i am yet to meet any regulars on this forum.

Well the weather looks to be set fair for the day and i have just over 9 hours drinking,so i hope to do 21 or 22 new pubs depending how i feel on the day.

Thanks for replying,

Cheers Alan

It is a shame that nobody could make it even for a quick drink,this means that i am yet to meet any regulars on this forum.
    There's a chance to meet a few of us in Otley on Wednesday 24th July. Check out this thread.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    There's a chance to meet a few of us in Otley on Wednesday 24th July. Check out this thread.
    I have looked at that thread but Otley is a bit too far for me to do cheaply,i got my Nottingham Mexborough return for £8.00

Another excuse is that i have an hospital appointment at 11.15 on that day for a hernia op,that is the reason i have booked my Mexborough crawl before that date.

I may one day finally have a meet up with some regulars on the forum.

Good luck with the operation. Hope it doesn't impact on your crawling!
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Good luck with the operation. Hope it doesn't impact on your crawling!
    It might literally mean Al is crawling for a few days!

I have booked tickets from Nottingham to Mexborough on the 6th of July for a pub crawl of Mexborough and Swinton,this is the first time i have pre booked train tickets since i was made redundent in 2009.

Cheers Alan
    Bit to far out for me at the moment without a bit of advanced planning ,but look forward to your reviews ,and good luck on the 24th. Maybe we can meet up in the future.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields