Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Arriva Buses

I'll stay on me own

Default Arriva Buses

While on my travels in the Stoke on Trent area i have found out that Arriva bus company run an hourly service to Market Drayton.

I know what times they run but have no idea of any fares,i have tried to contact them but all of the phone numbers i have tried are out of use.

I would appreciate any help in finding out Arrivas fares IE all day ticket or day return from Stoke train station or Hanley to Market Drayton.

Thanks Alan

I'll stay on me own

Many thanks for that Oldboots,

I am now going to sort out a route round Market Drayton and do all of the pubs there ,i will also try and do some others on the way back while i have an all day ticket the last time i had a drink in Shropshire was way back in 1987 when me and the wife did 40 pubs in Shrewsbury in four sessions.

Cheers Alan

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I drive around Market Drayton regulary although i have not drunk round there for years , most of the pubs are pretty close together , infact the Clive and Coffyne , Sandbrook Vaults and Tudor House are all part of the same building .
    The Red Lion is the Joules Brewery Tap , the new brewery is out the back , the (Salopian)Star used to have something to do with Salopian Brewery not sure about it these days . The Joiners always used to be a good pub and a work mate who uses the Coach and Horses says its decent (he`s a cider drinker)

I have been meaning to do Drayton again but the old clunker bus from Telfords running times are a bit erratic (not sure if its still running) and it takes bloody ages , no good after a crawl
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    I drive around Market Drayton regulary although i have not drunk round there for years , most of the pubs are pretty close together , infact the Clive and Coffyne , Sandbrook Vaults and Tudor House are all part of the same building .
    The Red Lion is the Joules Brewery Tap , the new brewery is out the back , the (Salopian)Star used to have something to do with Salopian Brewery not sure about it these days . The Joiners always used to be a good pub and a work mate who uses the Coach and Horses says its decent (he`s a cider drinker)

I have been meaning to do Drayton again but the old clunker bus from Telfords running times are a bit erratic (not sure if its still running) and it takes bloody ages , no good after a crawl
    Thanks for those Oggwyn,
    I will do all of those pubs you mentioned hopefully in the next couple of weeks,reviews will follow with all beers i saw on the bars.
    Hopefully the bus is a bit quicker from Stoke.

Cheers Alan

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for those Oggwyn,
    I will do all of those pubs you mentioned hopefully in the next couple of weeks,reviews will follow with all beers i saw on the bars.
    Hopefully the bus is a bit quicker from Stoke.

Cheers Alan
    Al,good luck with that crawl around Market Drayton ,I hope to be down that way in late September so will keep an eye out for the reviews.Thanks also Oggy for some useful info.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Al,good luck with that crawl around Market Drayton ,I hope to be down that way in late September so will keep an eye out for the reviews.Thanks also Oggy for some useful info.
    If your on the canal you could moor up at Goldstone Wharf and head for http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/ch...ne/shropshire/ all three pubs are worth a visit , the Fox and Hounds is a Joules pub , the Red Lion is home to the Lions Tail Brewery and the Wharf was a decent canal side pub , not been for a few years , may have a drive out if we get a sunny weekend afternoon.
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    If your on the canal you could moor up at Goldstone Wharf and head for http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/ch...ne/shropshire/ all three pubs are worth a visit , the Fox and Hounds is a Joules pub , the Red Lion is home to the Lions Tail Brewery and the Wharf was a decent canal side pub , not been for a few years , may have a drive out if we get a sunny weekend afternoon.
    Yes,Cheswardine is on the list as well.Would be interested in what the Wharf is like these days ,last went in in the late 80's.Most boaters stop at The Anchor,High Offley but I dont really like it in there so am trying hard to track down the decent real ale pubs within walking distance of the Shropshire Union.May also call into the Harberdashers,near Knighton ,besides the usual tour around Brewood.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson