Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Milds being sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Had a decent pint of Vale Black Swan Dark Mild last night,but I agree I've not seen so many around this year.
    Another tonight -Nottingham Rock Mild.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Absolute stonking mild at a local beer fest on the way home from work and like Moby its from Nottingham -Foundry Mild 4.7

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Absolute stonking mild at a local beer fest on the way home from work and like Moby its from Nottingham -Foundry Mild 4.7
    They also had Twaites -nutty black mild which the programme called the best mild in the world.I disagree.

I had a Titanic Nautical Mild (4.8%) yesterday which was a decent enough pint but in no way could ever be called a mild.
    A mild unlike bitter or old ale is a very specific type of beer with a low ABV, dark and with restrained use of hops. The key thing is the lack of hops which is why I was surprised that Brodie's came up with a genuine one, however the pressure of not bunging in an extra load of hops may have led him to sling a bucket of peanut butter into one of the batches.

Just brewing a normal sort of dark beer or bunging a load of caramel into an existing bitter and calling the results mild is as wrong as calling a lager a stout or describing GK IPA as a Craft beer.

Here in Kent, Goacher's do a proper MILD, dark,chocolatey, low ABV:the works. One of my desert island beers,sampled yesterday at the wonderful Black Lion, Lynsted,complete with working gallows, or is it gibbet?
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Here in Kent, Goacher's do a proper MILD, dark,chocolatey, low ABV:the works. One of my desert island beers....
    Looks like my sister-in-law is moving to West Malling, so will seek out their beers, when we visit. I know The Bull in the villlage features them heavily.

On an anecdotal basis, Mild Month does seem a little quieter than last year. I don't seem to have come across the same number on my travels. However, it may have just been bad timing.
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 21-05-2013 at 09:42.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I came across Great Western Meerkat Mild (3.9%) today in the Loughton Spoons and it was a very enjoyable pint. It's a brown/red one rather than really dark but just managed to pass my proper mild test.

I assume it's on the current Spoons guest list but they seem reluctant to publish it nowadays. Maybe they are embarrassed by having to own up to the number of GK/Wells/Marston "Guest" beers.

Four on at the Nags this evening sadly the Quinno Kiss of Death put paid to the Cheddar Mild that I was really looking forward to (spluttered and died on the pour), but the XT mild was very nice as a substitute. Problem was I too busy drinking Celt Gold and Surrey Hills Gilt Complex to try any others!