Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelham Island Tavern dethroned!!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

It is NBSS National Beer Scoring Site, or was. It is now part of WhatPub and I have saved it on favourites and get straight into it, so isn't a chore or anything. It was a pain when I first started using it, but now I am getting used to it, find it has potential. Not as good as this site with it's reviews, but is useful.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    It is NBSS National Beer Scoring Site, or was. It is now part of WhatPub and I have saved it on favourites and get straight into it, so isn't a chore or anything. It was a pain when I first started using it, but now I am getting used to it, find it has potential. Not as good as this site with it's reviews, but is useful.
    The chronic failure with NBSSv.2/Whatpub is that the local branches have to upload and update all their pubs. And if a pub hasn't been put on then you can't score it! And of course some branch Pubs Officers are better than others at uploading all their stuff...

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

That's what really irritated me when I started as I didn't always have the pub address for the map, so I was putting the pub in the town hall! I now find all my pubs great, so branches must be catching up. Went back and corrected my pub locations . Quite enjoy scoring on the new system now.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    The chronic failure with NBSSv.2/Whatpub is that the local branches have to upload and update all their pubs. And if a pub hasn't been put on then you can't score it! And of course some branch Pubs Officers are better than others at uploading all their stuff...
    Yep, spot on, on both counts but there isn't another way to do it I guess.

The other point is WhatPub is currently only available to members of CAMRA although that may change later this year when some branches get their fingers out and load the pubs so it can be unleashed on an unsuspecting public. It'll never replace our favourite pub site anyway.