Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Beer Rebellion - Gipsy Hill

Default Beer Rebellion - Gipsy Hill

This sounds like a very promising venture from the Late Knights Brewery. Interesting to read that the guy behind the brewery was also responsible for the successful conversion of two bog standard Fullers houses into craft beer pubs - The Union Tavern, Maida Hill and Barrel and Horn, Bromley.

http://www.lateknightsbrewery.co.uk/blog.html

I've not managed to find a postcode for the new bar, so it's not been added to the main site yet.

I was in the Union Tavern recently, and saw beers from both Shamblemoose and Clarence and Frederick's Breweries. Have not seen any Late Knights' brews yet, but the Clarence and Frederick's Best Bitter was superb.

Incidentally, the Peter at "Head in Hat" brewery is Peter Haydon, author of "London's Best Pubs, and previously at Meantime Brewery.

It will be interesting to see how this venture works. The premises look very small, but maybe the shop has been opened up a bit at the back. I would like to get down to Gipsy Hill and see what it looks like. Shame they don't open lunchtimes during the week, but at least they have put the opening times on their website.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    This sounds like a very promising venture from the Late Knights Brewery. Interesting to read that the guy behind the brewery was also responsible for the successful conversion of two bog standard Fullers houses into craft beer pubs - The Union Tavern, Maida Hill and Barrel and Horn, Bromley.

http://www.lateknightsbrewery.co.uk/blog.html

I've not managed to find a postcode for the new bar, so it's not been added to the main site yet.
    I bumped into London Calling at the Lyric on Weds and he told me about this place so I popped in on Fri eve.
    A pop-up pub! An interesting concept and a result that I rather liked, a sort of boho euro-café feel and 7 of the 8 stills were available including two from Late Knights, the 6% Hairydog being sold at the across-the-board price of £3.20. Maybe not one for traditionalists to settle into for an evening but worth a visit if in the area.
    Apparently the first location was originally planned at/adjacent to Mr Lawrence's wine shop in Crofton Park, so maybe that will happen in the not-too-distant. In the meantine, the Gipsy Hill venture is set to be open for 'at least 3 months'...
    ps dimple jugs only
    Last edited by trainman; 05-05-2013 at 11:40.