Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much?

This Space For Hire

Default How Much?

Camra,s latest price survey has listed London as £3.31 a pint.I think this is way below the price i pay and wonder how much Wetherspoon pubs effect the final price.Seems like they checked about 60 pubs in each region.They also reckon prices only went up in London by 7p in the last year up to Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Camra,s latest price survey has listed London as £3.31 a pint.I think this is way below the price i pay and wonder how much Wetherspoon pubs effect the final price.Seems like they checked about 60 pubs in each region.They also reckon prices only went up in London by 7p in the last year up to Feb.
    I'm paying £3.50 for a pint of average session bitter out in the sticks of Hampshire, wouldnt mind a bit of £3.31 action, ( not in Wetherspoons though,)
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

The trouble is that Central London is where the highest prices apply (which is why I mainly don't bother with the area). You could probably add Fuller's, Young's, McMullen's and Shep's tied houses to that list which again makes me reluctant to visit them as the wrongly maligned supermarkets sell their bottles so cheaply (the supermarkets are not forcing the breweries to sell their beers to them). I've only seen McMullen's beers in ASDA and they weren't that cheap or apparently selling very well.

Wetherspoon's would most definitely affect the prices as there are so many of them in some parts of London with little creditable opposition.

Some Wetherspoon prices actually decreased last year as after the Summer £1.99 offer disappeared some of them dudn't go back to the same prices as before.

I suspect that the £1.99 pint in a pub is a thing of the past other than Ruddles Worst in Spoons outside of Central London.

Seems like they checked about 60 pubs in each region.
    The annual price survey specification is to do at least 12 pubs in each branch area, three real ales in each pub plus a real cider and a lager (where possible). A range of beer strengths as well as a range of tied, free and pubco pubs are also to be included. Not all branches complete the survey but a fair UK wide representation is usually gained.

We may need to remember that a mean average can sometimes be a meaningless mean, a modal average is probably closer to most peoples experience.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    We may need to remember that a mean average can sometimes be a meaningless mean
    Would a mean of meaningless means mean that a meaningful mean had been achieved? I'll get me coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Would a mean of meaningless means mean that a meaningful mean had been achieved? I'll get me coat.
    What do you mean?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    What do you mean?
    Don't be mean.

This Space For Hire

meanwhile.My daughter bought me a pint of the rarely seen(thank god) Banks -bitter 3.8 in a local pub on Easter sunday.Rubbish pint and it was £3.90.

meanwhile.My daughter bought me a pint of the rarely seen(thank god) Banks -bitter 3.8 in a local pub on Easter sunday.Rubbish pint and it was £3.90.
    Don't knock it mate. "Daughter buys dad a pint" - surely that should be in News of the Day?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

In pub today and was told, [so second hand hearsay] that a pint at local gastro pub is £4.50. We all found it hard to believe but maybe they can? Knowing rhe pub it is more food than beer so perhaps it fits in
    I drink to make others more interesting