Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

The old boy may have been a mental case but with his attitude, should he ever decide to run for Parliament, he would get my vote any time. Lets face it a bunch of mental cases would make a pleasant change from the thieving b88t88d8 we have at present.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    The old boy may have been a mental case but with his attitude, should he ever decide to run for Parliament, he would get my vote any time. Lets face it a bunch of mental cases would make a pleasant change from the thieving b88t88d8 we have at present.
    Isn't putting themselves up for election the first sign that they are not fit for it?

That's what I thought Conrad!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Im with Billy Connelly "If your children show any signs of becoming a politician , drown them"
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Default finders keepers

Pick it up... many a mickle makes a muckle, as they say north of the border!

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Isn't putting themselves up for election the first sign that they are not fit for it?
    Hell yeah!

I’ve been trying to get it into my brother’s thick skull that however nice the politician seems it doesn’t matter. The higher up in government he is the bigger a back stabbing lying cheating deceiver he is.

Back to the original subject:

I used to work in herehttp://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55733/ and the governor walked around the bar and found £60 in three folded notes laying on the floor the other side of the bar and he said ‘if you were doing your job properly you’d have pocketed this’. He then pulled out the grands worth wad of notes that he always carried about and put the £60 in and pulled out a tenner and stuck it on the bar and said ‘get your f*cking hair cut’. Best boss I ever had by far!!!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Was in the 'Spoons last night and as I stepped up to the bar, a half drunk old geezor was in front of the hand pumps with his very nice looking daughter/wife/prostutute who was ordering food for them both. He stepped back to let me have access to the hand pumps and I then noticed a shiny pound coin on the bar where he had been standing. I pushed it towards him and said "I think this is yours". He didn't say anything comprehensible and walked away. His companion finished ordering and I expected her to pick up the coin. She totally ignored it. I ordered my pint and looked around in case there was some other meat head to whom it may have belonged and was just waiting for us to clear the bar before reclaiming it. No-one did so I grabbed my pint and the coin and wandering off. With my CAMRA 50p off voucher and my bar booty, my pint of Burton Runner cost me 35p. It was the worst pint I had all night. I'm sure there is a moral in there somewhere.

Being the wary, paranoid sort of cove I am I would have suspected a set up. I would have dropped it in the charity box. If it had been £60 in a booth or on the floor I would have made myself very small grabbed it and legged to another pub. The rest of the night I would have been looking over my shoulder. Must be a guilt thing.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

remind me to keep my wallet in my pocket if we do meet up for that drink, Mr A
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Im with Billy Connelly "If your children show any signs of becoming a politician , drown them"
    I like his line "Don't vote for them, it only encourages them"
    Waes hael!