Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Re-Double Standards (closed thread)

Hybrid View

Default Re-Double Standards (closed thread)

I totally understand the reasons for closing this thread. but I feel this subject needs dealing with and not locked away, better dealing with a problem than sweeping it under the carpet, apologies if Iv'e misunderstood any intentions here but just back from several pints of rather delicious Darkstar American Pale Ale.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Former Pubs Galore Coder

My apologies, I have unclosed the thread. Knock yourselves out.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    My apologies, I have unclosed the thread. Knock yourselves out.
    No lets not, close it again please Conrad it isn't what this site is about. We've lived there before.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I no longer do any work on the site, and haven't done for a while. It was wrong of me to close the thread as I do not contribute, I don't believe I should choose how the site and forum are run. If an actual active admin/moderator wishes to close the thread then that is fair game.

For my sins I have continued to received the updates from the forum in my email, and it is sad watching this little blow up happening it certainly isn't what I used to enjoy and be motivated by on this site. I have actually taken the time to remove myself from the forum emails so that I wont be tempted to abuse my admin rights going forward.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I no longer do any work on the site, and haven't done for a while. It was wrong of me to close the thread as I do not contribute, I don't believe I should choose how the site and forum are run. If an actual active admin/moderator wishes to close the thread then that is fair game.

For my sins I have continued to received the updates from the forum in my email, and it is sad watching this little blow up happening it certainly isn't what I used to enjoy and be motivated by on this site. I have actually taken the time to remove myself from the forum emails so that I wont be tempted to abuse my admin rights going forward.
    Many of us have noticed this Conrad, your reasons obviously are your own, but I'd like to say I have always appreciated your comments and involvememt on the best pub site going. You and Dave made this so remember that, and please whatever is going on now in your life we appreciate what you have given us. I personally hope you get back involved soon. Hope to see you back here soon as a regular C, best wishes, Mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Many of us have noticed this Conrad, your reasons obviously are your own, but I'd like to say I have always appreciated your comments and involvememt on the best pub site going. You and Dave made this so remember that, and please whatever is going on now in your life we appreciate what you have given us. I personally hope you get back involved soon. Hope to see you back here soon as a regular C, best wishes, Mm.
    I'll second that.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

... it is sad watching this little blow up happening it certainly isn't what I used to enjoy and be motivated by on this site...
    Certainly agree with that. Hope the participants can find a way to tolerate each other's points of view and work together for the good of the site.
    Come On You Hatters!

The site allows for multiple areas to be listed (as I did in Reading to denote pubs on the locally-ascribed hinterland between one area and the another eg the Nags Head). So I don't really see why we can't all just live with that. So long as anything isn't clearly bollocks, there's room for both locality and geography in the area listing.

That's my view anyhow.