Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: PuG Summer meet 2013 (Anybody for... Leeds?) (or maybe Reading)

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Previous meet ups have been on Fridays. 29 June & 13 July are Saturdays. In a later post Dave M suggests
    "around the weekend of July 13th (since that gives a reasonable chance of getting some early train deals)", which seems like a good idea. So, how about Friday, 12 July?
    Still be in Derby.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post

A crawl consisting of the Nags, Alehouse, Hop Leaf, Lyndhurst, Retreat, Zerodegrees, Three Guineas and Sweeney Todds (perhaps taking in the Abbot Cook, Eldon, Oakford, Jolly Anglers and Back of Beyond - or how about a quick trip to Caversham to do the Fox & Hounds?) is not to be sniffed at...plus you have a ready-made guide and it's easy to get to being a major interchange station
    Has the Retreat survived? I thought departure/closure was imminent on my last visit.
    Jolly Anglers was dreadful, the only time I cast my net in that direction; March?
    Zerodegrees doesn't sound a name that many here would aim for but, if you're holding the tour umbrella Quinno, local knowledge & all that...

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

i think i am away the last week in July, i just need as much notice in case i have to change work rota
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    I agree a Southern one would be fair, but READING, really?

I spent quite a bit of time there when I worked in Slough and I wasn't THAT impressed.

Liverpool has 28 GBG listed pubs, Leicester 13, Nottingham 12.

Reading has 6!!! Rochdale has 7 including the POTY and I wouldn't recommend it as a PuG destination
    I personaly dont think a GBG listed pub is the be all and end all, Iv'e been is some bloody good ones and some decidedly average ones,Reading is an option and is very near to me ,and as a result done a fair percentage of the pubs mentioned before.Other places to consider at the southern end of things could be Winchester,Sailsbury , Portsmouth, but I do favour Brighton as a destination,a fair distance for some I agree but easily accessable from London, end of the day I dont mind where we go for a good day out but personally at the moment due to some financial constraints ,south would suit me in the near future.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Brighton is my backyard and would be a great venue for a summer PUG beano. Being selfish I'd rather go somewhere else as I've got an overnight pass and don't want to waste it because I'm only going half an hour up the road.
    I used to work in Reading so would like to review some of the pubs I've not been in for ten years. I'd also like to go somewhere new like Bristol which has been mentioned. How about PUG does Wales? We could dump the south and all go to the Shetlands to get them up to 100 on pictures and reviews!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    We could dump the south and all go to the Shetlands to get them up to 100 on pictures and reviews!
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    We could dump the south and all go to the Shetlands to get them up to 100 on pictures and reviews!
    Any cheap deals on the train?
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Previous meet ups have been on Fridays. 29 June & 13 July are Saturdays. In a later post Dave M suggests
    "around the weekend of July 13th (since that gives a reasonable chance of getting some early train deals)", which seems like a good idea. So, how about Friday, 12 July?
    Thought I would bump this thread to see if we can get something nailed down.

Reading "around the weekend of July 13th" seems acceptable as the next PuG meet to the following

Strongers
    Sheffield Hatter
    Moby Duck
    oldboots
    Quinno
    BF
    ETA (possible)
    Soup Dragon (advanced notice needed for work rota)
    Dave M (I assume,advanced train ticket required)
    Apologies if I have missed anyone

Sadly PSM and ROBCamra are unavailable,but we still have a decent number interested and a lot of " regulars" havent indicated either way as yet.

Sheffield Hatter makes a good point in the quote.As this is a southern based tour ,I wont be staying overnight and am just looking to join the main crawl.Others may wish to stay overnight and this may well drive the decision on which day to hold the tour.Either Friday 12th or Saturday July 13th are fine by me.Thoughts ?
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 28-04-2013 at 09:37.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Sheffield Hatter makes a good point in the quote.As this is a southern based tour ,I wont be staying overnight and am just looking to join the main crawl.Others may wish to stay overnight and this may well drive the decision on which day to hold the tour.Either Friday 12th or Saturday July 13th are fine by me.Thoughts ?
    I'm fine with either. I suppose I'd prefer Saturday as that means I won't have to take a day off.

I guess we also need to finalize the Southern venue. I threw Reading in for convenience (for all, not just me!) but by all means choose somewhere else.
    Last edited by Quinno; 28-04-2013 at 13:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Thought I would bump this thread to see if we can get something nailed down.

Reading "around the weekend of July 13th" seems acceptable as the next PuG meet to the following

Strongers
    Sheffield Hatter
    Moby Duck
    oldboots
    Quinno
    BF
    ETA (possible)
    Soup Dragon (advanced notice needed for work rota)
    Dave M (I assume,advanced train ticket required)
    Apologies if I have missed anyone

Sadly PSM and ROBCamra are unavailable,but we still have a decent number interested and a lot of " regulars" havent indicated either way as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I'm fine with either. I suppose I'd prefer Saturday as that means I won't have to take a day off.

I guess we also need to finalize the Southern venue. I threw Reading in for convenience (for all, not just me!) but by all means choose somewhere else.
    The above quotes are OK with me, leaning toward the Saturday for the same reasons as Quinno but either are OK.
    -W.C.Fields