Ads not shown when logged in
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 211

Thread: PuG Summer meet 2013 (Anybody for... Leeds?) (or maybe Reading)

  1. #161
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    See you there John.
    looking forward to it cheers

  2. #162
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Just booked my train tickets and plus bus. It is amazing, £9 cheaper if i split the journey at Banbury, without actually getting off the train. Nag's Head will get at least 1/10, as i am in a good mood.
    MILD:

  3. #163
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Just booked my train tickets and plus bus. It is amazing, £9 cheaper if i split the journey at Banbury, without actually getting off the train. Nag's Head will get at least 1/10, as i am in a good mood.
    The only reason we're going to the Nags is because you keep talking about it

  4. #164
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    The only reason we're going to the Nags is because you keep talking about it
    I offer that, "My favourite in Reading and one of the best in the South" and "I love this pub and you’ll find me in here quite often", does suggest that isn't quite true that I am the "only reason"

    Looking forward to it - I just hope Real Ale Ray doesn't 'Yam Yam' someone in the loos.
    MILD:

  5. #165
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    I forgot to say, i get in at 11.11am and have to get the 20.10 back. It is amazing that you can knock £9 off a train ticket with getting off the train, simply by braking the tickets (at Banbury). Has anyone else experienced this?
    MILD:

  6. #166
    Inndigestion Strongers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I forgot to say, i get in at 11.11am and have to get the 20.10 back. It is amazing that you can knock £9 off a train ticket with getting off the train, simply by braking the tickets (at Banbury). Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yep! when I booked, a ticket from Eastbourne to Gatwick and then Gatwick to Reading was far cheaper than one ticket from Eastbourne to Reading. I have to change at Gatwick anyway so I will be getting the same trains as if I booked the journey as one.
    Madness!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

  7. #167
    Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nearer than you think
    Posts
    1,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I forgot to say, i get in at 11.11am and have to get the 20.10 back. It is amazing that you can knock £9 off a train ticket with getting off the train, simply by braking the tickets (at Banbury). Has anyone else experienced this?
    If i go , Telford - Brum New St - Brum Moor st - Banbury - Reading , its about £14 less than , Telford - New st - Reading ...... still looking sure i will get it lower
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

  8. #168
    This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Standing at the bar
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I offer that, "My favourite in Reading and one of the best in the South" and "I love this pub and you’ll find me in here quite often", does suggest that isn't quite true that I am the "only reason"

    Looking forward to it - I just hope Real Ale Ray doesn't 'Yam Yam' someone in the loos.
    Sorry to disappoint, but RAR will be on his best behaviour as Reading is down South and posh!

  9. #169
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    5,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but RAR will be on his best behaviour as Reading is down South and posh!
    I know its down South ,but posh ?
    p.s. its North to me
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  10. #170
    Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but RAR will be on his best behaviour as Reading is down South and posh!
    Nice to know you feel at home in the Black Country, mate
    MILD:

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 180
    Last Post: 14-06-2013, 13:00
  2. Reading 6th-9th Jan
    By Spinko in forum Recommend Me Do & Meet Ups
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-12-2011, 16:50
  3. Reading
    By Quinno in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-02-2011, 21:12
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 11:57
  5. The Zythophile - Summer reading
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 09:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •