Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PuG Summer meet 2013 (Anybody for... Leeds?) (or maybe Reading)

They’ll have to be a drastic drop in the train prices for me to come as I’ll have to stay overnight. Just looked on the East Coast Trains website at Sat 8th June and the cheapest I could find was £104 return from Euston. Add to that the return from Eastbourne to Victoria, the tube fares and the room for the night and I end up with a frowning wife!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

We're all getting excited about Leeds here and I'll go anywhere there's good beer but maybe it is about time that us Northerners ventured down south for a change and give our pals there a visit!!

I may have to pay a bit more for a pork pie and a pint, but I'll give it a shot
    Last edited by Real Ale Ray; 24-03-2013 at 20:32.

This Space For Hire

You will have to pay a lot more for a pint and a shot.

This Space For Hire

London would suit me for obvious reasons but there are a load of new pubs and brewpubs in the Islington and Hackney area.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    They’ll have to be a drastic drop in the train prices for me to come as I’ll have to stay overnight. Just looked on the East Coast Trains website at Sat 8th June and the cheapest I could find was £104 return from Euston. Add to that the return from Eastbourne to Victoria, the tube fares and the room for the night and I end up with a frowning wife!
    I think that price must be something to do with weekend engineering works, the normal advance fare (if you buy far enough ahead) is £13 each way from East Coast trains (or £14.60 from elsewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    but maybe it is about time that us Northerners ventured down south for a change and give our pals there a visit!!
    Leicester's in the south to me!!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    We're all getting excited about Leeds here and I'll go anywhere there's good beer but maybe it is about time that us Northerners ventured down south for a change and give our pals there a visit!!
    This thread seems to have run out of steam, so I'm just giving it a bit of a kick to start it off again.

What about Reading? It's relatively easy to reach without going into London for those of us coming from the North (Cross Country Trains, changing in Birmingham if necessary) and a pretty quick journey for most southerners, I would guess, including those lucky enough to live in Bristol. Plus we've got a ready-made guide to devise a crawl and lead us around.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    This thread seems to have run out of steam, so I'm just giving it a bit of a kick to start it off again.

What about Reading? It's relatively easy to reach without going into London for those of us coming from the North (Cross Country Trains, changing in Birmingham if necessary) and a pretty quick journey for most southerners, I would guess, including those lucky enough to live in Bristol. Plus we've got a ready-made guide to devise a crawl and lead us around.
    Very easy for me.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I used to work in Reading and then Shinfield in the late 90s and would love a return visit. But I'd also love a trip to Leeds!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Has the next PuG meet-up been mooted yet? I have been off the radar over the past several months and am trying to get back into swing of things with reports and such like - would be nice to catch-up.
    MILD: