Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Leicester confusion

Default Leicester confusion

There seems to have been a mix up over The Kings and The Kings Head. The pub at 24 King Street (58913) was called Out of the Vaults and then Vin IV and then Sloanes. At some stage, you seem to have been told it was called the Kings Head. Unfortunately this was not true.

The review by Mark Davey on 28 May 2012 and by Gill Smith on 12 August 2012 on 58913 both belong to the pub at 36 King Street (58907), i.e. the pub that was Kings, now Kings Head, not to the pub that used to be Out of the Vaults. The "review" by Andy Ryan on 23 November 2012, which states 'This pub is not the kings head, it is Sloanes (previously out of the vaults and Vin IV)- the kings head is on the same road, previously called "Kings"' is true in every respect (except capitalisation).

Please change The Kings to The Kings Head. Please revert The Kings Head to Sloanes. Please move the reviews by Mark Davey and Gill Smith to the pub at 36 King Street (58907). The photos of both pubs all seem to be of the correct buildings, but I can't speak for any that have not yet been approved. I have submitted a new photo of the back door of 58907, this is definitely the Kings Head, you were inside the pub yourself when I took the photo.

Sorry this is so confusing. Hope you can understand and correct appropriately.
    Come On You Hatters!

Administrator

Thanks for sorting out the confusion there. I was actually aware of this problem before the trip to Leicester but became totally confused trying to untangle the mess, I appreciate you making sense of it all for me!