Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who I met today?

This Space For Hire

James Nesbitt was in the Adelphi a couple of weeks back. Erm, that's about it.

Sorry to say it but the present crop of footballers and celebrities could walk in the pub and beat the crap out of me. They would be perfectly safe as I would not have a clue who they were. Not much of a mixer with the high and mighty is Arwkrite. The ones I would recognize are more than likely now dead and not upto visiting pubs.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Sorry to say it but the present crop of footballers and celebrities could walk in the pub and beat the crap out of me. They would be perfectly safe as I would not have a clue who they were. Not much of a mixer with the high and mighty is Arwkrite. The ones I would recognize are more than likely now dead and not upto visiting pubs.
    Wot 'e said

Took a while to find this thread but I thought I would add to it.

I was having a pre match beer in the Old Contemptibles in Brum yesterday when I found myself standing next to Alan Davies ( aka Jonothan Creek ). We had a chat and he seemed a decent bloke. He was on his way to West Brom to watch the Arsenal and had called in for a Guinness.

He proved he is a comedian by predicting a 7-0 Arsenal win !!

I am a salmon !!

I popped into the Duke of Hamilton last Sunday and Gail Porter was working behind the bar. Apparently she had also done a few other shifts - a couple more and she might have figured out how to pull a decent pint.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I popped into the Duke of Hamilton last Sunday and Gail Porter was working behind the bar. Apparently she had also done a few other shifts - a couple more and she might have figured out how to pull a decent pint.
    Thanks for that - I plan to be in the Duke later today and will look out for her. But my companions are not the types who will let her get away with short measure!

Many years ago when I lived in the area, I went to Ye Olde Swan in Thames Ditton where I was served by the very lovely Jenny "Magpie" Hanley - she owned the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Thanks for that - I plan to be in the Duke later today and will look out for her. But my companions are not the types who will let her get away with short measure!
    Did any of you have a scotch egg or sausage roll? I've heard they're good, but I'm a bit tight though and wouldn't fork out the £2.50!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    Did any of you have a scotch egg or sausage roll? I've heard they're good, but I'm a bit tight though and wouldn't fork out the £2.50!
    No, but we eyed them up in the little heater at the back of the bar. They looked good, but we had already indulged in the pork pies at The Southamptom Arms. No sign of Gail though.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

The late Malcolm Allison was a regular visitor to The Sale Hotel back in the day. I recall him sitting with a group of lads watching the 1982 World Cup games chatting away. Decent bloke he was.
    Around the same time Pat Crerand, ex Man U, ran The Park pub in Altrincham, the pub has gone now though.