Ads not shown when logged in
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 186

Thread: Guess who I met today?

  1. #161
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    London Calling seen in The Express Tavern yesterday?
    Last edited by Tris39; 28-07-2021 at 19:13.

  2. #162
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    London Calling seen in The Express Tavern yesterday?
    Thats really good, I was becoming a little concerned as he hasn't logged onto the forum since the 12th of June, did you quiz him?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #163
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Thats really good, I was becoming a little concerned as he hasn't logged onto the forum since the 12th of June, did you quiz him?
    He was in the next bar, having ordered two pints, so as he had company, I though it polite not to barge in.

  4. #164
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    He was in the next bar, having ordered two pints, so as he had company, I though it polite not to barge in.
    Well, if it was the Express Tavern, then it's sure to have been him!
    Come On You Hatters!

  5. #165
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Well, if it was the Express Tavern, then it's sure to have been him!
    I can categorically assure you that it was the Express and yes, I was aware that it's his local - lucky him!

  6. #166
    Real Ale Drinker
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Both Anne 'The Governess' Hegerty and Paul 'The Sinner Man' Sinha from The Chase were in The Ship And Mitre, Liverpool today.

  7. #167
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Both Anne 'The Governess' Hegerty and Paul 'The Sinner Man' Sinha from The Chase were in The Ship And Mitre, Liverpool today.
    Was there a pub quiz by any chance?

  8. #168
    Real Ale Drinker
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Was there a pub quiz by any chance?
    Yes there was. And anyone (famous or otherwise) who can spend 5 hours on a Saturday afternoon upstairs in sweaty room answering 400 questions has my..... contempt/sympathy/ridicule/indifference * (tick as appropriate).
    Last edited by Al Bundy; 16-08-2021 at 16:01.

  9. #169
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Yes there was. And anyone (famous or otherwise) who can spend 5 hours on a Saturday afternoon upstairs in sweaty room answering 400 questions has my..... contempt/sympathy/ridicule/indifference * (tick as appropriate).
    I like a good pub quiz but this sounds too much. I suppose it must have been one of those 'national' affairs; I wonder if they won?

  10. #170
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    5,428

    Default

    Not a guess who I met, but a look who we've lost.

    Tony Allen, ex of Phoenix Brewery in Rochdale has died.

    One of the pioneers of the micro brewing phenomenon I met him probably dozens of times over the years, including several times at the brewery on his annual
    piss ups for customers, CAMRA members and friends alike.

    RIP Tony, brewing wouldn't be as it is these days without you being there at the start..
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Similar Threads

  1. Today was to be my pub crawl in Derby
    By hopwas in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 13:35
  2. My head today feels like..
    By hopwas in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 23-12-2009, 15:06
  3. It is my birthday today!
    By hopwas in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-11-2009, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •