Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who I met today?

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    The prospect of him striking up a tune
    Scary
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Wondered if you were hanging out with the great man.Someone Tweeted a picture of his hat:very snappy!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Wondered if you were hanging out with the great man.Someone Tweeted a picture of his hat:very snappy!
    He had a matching very long scarf, and long black coat, looked like Dr Who (not the current one).
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Someone Tweeted a picture of his hat:very snappy!
    That was Duncan Mackay, he's done every GBG pub ever apart from a few newby's from the current one which he is now dealing with, logged in excess of 17000 pub's, flew down from Scotland especially for yesterdays meet up. A nice bloke.
    -W.C.Fields

I popped into the Camden Town Brewery Bar on Wednesday and found myself sat across the room from Jonny Buckland - the guitarist from Coldplay. The prospect of him striking up a tune was far more frightening than anything else I encountered on that Halloween evening.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

There I was today,passing through Hemel Hempstead ,which is normally a good idea,when I decided to investigate a new micro that Quinno had recently posted on the site and who should I bump into in there .....none other than Millay.I had just popped in for a quick one,and I was impressed that he recognised me after several years.He is now back in the PuG fold and hopefully can join future PuG pub crawls.

Good to see you,Clive.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    There I was today,passing through Hemel Hempstead ,which is normally a good idea,when I decided to investigate a new micro that Quinno had recently posted on the site and who should I bump into in there .....none other than Millay.I had just popped in for a quick one,and I was impressed that he recognised me after several years.He is now back in the PuG fold and hopefully can join future PuG pub crawls.

Good to see you,Clive.
    Blast from the past.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

I popped into the Camden Town Brewery Bar on Wednesday and found myself sat across the room from Jonny Buckland - the guitarist from Coldplay. The prospect of him striking up a tune was far more frightening than anything else I encountered on that Halloween evening.
    Brilliant! Me every time I hear their music =
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post

Good to see you,Clive.
    It was good to see you as well Neville, I think we both did well in recognising each other even though we've probably only met 2-3 times some years ago. If you are planning another visit to Monk's Inn let me know and I'll try to join you. Probably a little too adventurous to start suggesting Hemel Hempstead for a PuG crawl
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Probably a little too adventurous to start suggesting Hemel Hempstead for a PuG crawl
    It might get more votes than Lewes
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson