Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who I met today?

Default Guess who I met today?

Ex West Brom, Coventry and Oldham footballer Lee Hughes was in my local today. He even gave £100 tip to pub staff! Of course he is now Notts County player. Some of you may know he was jailed for hit and run few years ago.

Obviously he stuck with soft drinks and his girlfriend/wife drove him home.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Real Ale Drinker

Notts County obviously paying him to much money,i have never heard of him.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I see ex Villa and Ipswich striker Dalian Atkinson regulary in my local barber
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Ex West Brom, Coventry and Oldham footballer Lee Hughes was in my local today. He even gave £100 tip to pub staff! Of course he is now Notts County player. Some of you may know he was jailed for hit and run few years ago.

Obviously he stuck with soft drinks and his girlfriend/wife drove him home.
    A bit more tha "Hit And Run" Hoppy, he killed someone while pi$$ed I recall. No time for him at all, as a decent footballer he was able to come out and rebuild his lucrative career. Great for him but what about what he did. Most people who digress in the same way are effectively finished.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    A bit more tha "Hit And Run" Hoppy, he killed someone while pi$$ed I recall. No time for him at all, as a decent footballer he was able to come out and rebuild his lucrative career. Great for him but what about what he did. Most people who digress in the same way are effectively finished.
    yes, i worked in a prison he was in - played against him, he only scored about 5 times!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    You forgot to mention that he fled the scene leaving the other person for dead - A selfish piece of shit!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I dont suppose you watch The Big Match revisited last night Strongers on some channel or other - it was Brentford 3 Watford 3, feb 1979, div 3 - class game
    MILD:

Hughes is absolute scum - ran away from the scene after killing someone in a drink driving incident. Now a mercanary footballer helping to bleed our oldest professional football club dry. I would have told him where he can stick his £100 tip.

I also have an interesting little story from tonight although not quite a household name.

I was in the 'Spoons at Chingford tonight before the Spurs v Bolton game and was reading one of the local historical snippets that 'Spoons are fond of sticking on the walls. This one concerned a local boxer called Derek Lloyd who was known as the Punching Postman back in the 50's when he became British flyweight champion. As I was reading it, a half cut old codger came up to me and introduced himself as the very man I was reading about. He pulled out a tatty envelope containing some very creased old photos and newspaper cuttings and proudly showed them to me. He fought at Wembley a couple of times and retired in '61 after he lost a fight for the European title. It was quite sad really given that today he would probably have a yacht and a villa and here he was having his daily tipple in a Wetherspoons but I think it made his day that I showed some interest in his little wall display. He apparently continued to work for the post office until he retired in the mid 90's and still helps out at the local boys boxing club and does regular road runs despite being 74. Quite a character.

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Hughes is absolute scum - ran away from the scene after killing someone in a drink driving incident. Now a mercanary footballer helping to bleed our oldest professional football club dry. I would have told him where he can stick his £100 tip.
    My thoughts exactly couldnt have put it better.